I Told My Wife I am NOT in the Minority, Now I Wonder.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Yes. This is it.

I’m with Merrill. I tend to prefer scrambled eggs slowly over a light heat so that I can have the yolks cooked through while maintaining a delicate texture.

With the majority – set whites, still runny but thickening yolks.

But I can’t understand folks who’d throw out set yolks on hard boiled eggs; do you never have an egg salad sandwich, or deviled eggs? Without the yolks (gaaak!)?

This was back in the day when people didn’t worry about these things. My father ate a soft-boiled egg every morning for breakfast and fried eggs and bacon on the weekend.

+1

Quote without comment.

YES! I like the yolks to be similar to the consistency of syrup.

Runny, and I love with burgers

Whoa what an egg ! I need one of those for breakfast. That looks like it could be a Paula Deen recipe.

Yes, it is a Scotch Egg. Tons of recipes on the Internets, but tricky to make. Never been successful at it yet. Hopleaf in Chicago makes them great.

Runny. We do over easy…but just barely. As soon as the egg is flip-able, i flip and it then gets 5-10 seconds on the other side. The yolk needs to explode all over the place. I love a super runny egg on a pizza or burger.

Thanks Paul. I have not seen the recipe but my guess is you either quickly boil an egg, freeze it and peel shell then bacon wrap, batter, and deep fry or crack open and poach the egg followed by freezing, bacon wrap, batter, and fry. Am I close?..Thanks again, Gary

My wife makes them over a double-boiler. I do enjoy them when they’re cooked like that.

Firm white, runny yolk. Only way to go.

Best way to cook a sunny side up is to crack the egg into a cold pan, then cook at medium. The white sets and gets cooked through evenly without over-frying the underside, and the yolk sets but remains perfectly runny. Only way to do it.

For a fried egg, have to go over easy with a flip just long enough to ensure the white isn’t runny on the top-side.

As for burgers with fried eggs, if you’re in Dallas, you’ve got to try this one:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/2010/08/100_favorite_dishes_the_stodg.php It’s wonderful. Foie-buttered bun, cheddar, great meat, thick cut Nueske’s bacon. Incredible stuff.

Professor V for the win! [winner.gif]

I’m hungry for some reason.

Hmm. Interesting juxtaposition of comments.

It bears mentioning that the Spanish word for eggs “huevos” is also slang for “testicles”. As to which is making Joe so hungry, I can only speculate.

I think you are the only person here thinking about testicles Corey.

Sorry.