I Told My Wife I am NOT in the Minority, Now I Wonder.

+2

Isn’t that a scotch egg? If so, it’s wrapped in sausage, not bacon.

That’s what I was thinking.

As for yolks, I like them warm but runny. The whites cannot be runny, though, as that’s just gross. And firm yolks are definitely chalky and unappealing.

+1
But note that this is nothing new, it’s been going on for a long time in many parts of the world, as well as here in the U.S. (New Mexico, for example, where flat enchiladas often include a fried egg on top).

Lots of pizzas too…

I am feeling sick just thinking about this. Almost lost it at the photo above.

Need I say only thoroughly cooked eggs is the vote here. I am still shaking my head, here, in squeamish horror.

runny and delicious over easy

over medium on burger runny but thick as snot

I count 21 to five in favor of runny.

They’re both good. I’ll probably prefer runny yolks 75% of the time shading to various degrees of firm for the remaining 25% all the way to full cooked. Unless you take hard boiled eggs into account in which case it probably goes up to 50/50. A warm hard boiled egg is a wonderful thing.

Runny whites are another matter, I only really ever eat them as part of a sous vided egg and asparagus.

Fuggit! I seem to be getting slaunched. Hate it when my wife seems to be right, and in tune with the rest of the world, and I seem to be going up the creek with just a half a paddle.

Still, part of being an old fhart is that I get to continue in my fixed primitive ways!

Do appreciate all the comments–except for the positive reaction to egg yolks with the consistency of SNOT (yuk).

Runny.

I even like the whites to be a bit snotty [cheers.gif]

Either, but I usually only eat half the yolk at most anyway.

I just posted on fb today: “Duck eggs, sunny side up, with a pinch of sea salt and rye toast. Now that’s lunch.” Whites solid, yolk liquid. The only way to eat a good egg. And these duck eggs were under a duck a few days ago. A good friend gives them to me from his ducks. Amazing taste.

Once you hard boil an egg, you have to put mayo on it to make it edible.

Now you’ve gone too far!!! [barf.gif]

Love a runny yolk. Sunny side up JUST after the white is solid.

FWIW Armold likes yolks runny and whites crispy.

That’s another point. I find crispy whites repulsive.

Runny. The smell of an egg starting to brown makes me nauseous.

Guys, for those picky about their eggs, the only way to cook them is sous vide, where you can control (and replicate time after time) exactly. With a little experimentation, you can achieve perfection as you prefer. As little as .5 to 1 degree C. makes all the difference.

My choice leans toward runny.

That’s a good combination, especially when there is bread and ham involved.