Help with river or ocean cruise.

Thanks Marshall! It’s really the Macchu Pichu trip we’re looking at, probably not Galapagos.

Alan: You can still do the National Geographic tour…Many people in our group were only in for one segment or the other.
The area of Cuzco and the surrounding excursions are quite spectacular and the hotels are wonderful. Definitely pricey but to me; it was a once in a lifetime experience.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Eric: I would be very curious about your experience with Ama as we are thinking of doing “Vietnam, Cambodia & The Riches Of The Mekong” with them in the future.

Anyone else tried Ama Waterways? [scratch.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

How physically demanding was it? We’re in pretty good shape, but wife has certain health conditions that slow here down after a while.

Alan; Cuzco is over 11,000 feet but the city is level and quite walkable. Macchu Pichu is lower and very up and down. My group had quite a range of fitness and the guides always rest a bit in between stops. Truthfully, you should have no trouble at all. As far as altitude sickness, we were fine. We had a prescription which we took as we were leaving the Galapagos and then stopped taking as it was ruining our palates… Since we had started our trip in Quito, which is higher than Macchu Pichu, we were well acclimated. Surprisingly, [rofl.gif] , we drank more than is “advised” and had no ill effects.

I am certainly not a doctor, but I believe you will be just fine. Do it!

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]