Help with a DRC from mid-sixties wanted.

I’m looking at an old DRC from My birth year, 1965.
The private seller has provided Me with plenty sharp pictures. The fill is LOW, but color is red, and appears rather clear.
It all looks genuine, but I still need a reference bottle, to check the punt-mark.
I only have bottles from the seventies and younger. -All of them has a different mark, than this slightly older one!
Do You have a DRC bottle, from the mid sixties ? Then I would be thankful to hear about, or see, the mark used on them.

Here the 1965 punt-mark in question:
1965 drc la tache not confirmed glass code.jpg
Help with this detail, will be highly appreciated.

EDIT: Here the punt mark DRC has used for many years, and still uses.
1979 DRC GE glass code:
1979 DRC GE glass code (640x600).jpg
Kind regards,
-Søren.

SAV was a French glass factory, Societe Autonome de Verreries, now known as Saver glass, I believe.
The '65 bottle looks like it was made by St Gobain, but it seems to be upside down. Is that SG??

I used to sell bottles. Every bottle has a code telling you who made it and when.

Did you try contacting DRC??

Hi Mel.
Great infos on these marks. The reason I posted, was the mark on the 65 La Tache looked similar to the mark on late sixties Jadots. (Except for the position of the little dot, orbiting the mark.)
I read SG as You say, also on this 69 Louis Jadot:
1969 Jadot Month 4.jpg
DRC SAV -Saver glass! Thank You for that.
I’m not buying the 65’er. I have to be sure about all details, and this one has some minor issues besides the SG bottle mark.
Now I have to investigate the sixties/seventies punt marks.
I have never tried to contact DRC. I don’t think they have an Email for public use. (I would like to know the address though!)

Thanks,

-Søren.

drank 65 RC at DRC a decade ago and it was splendid. Good luck. Can’t imagine anyone would fake that year.

I have some mid 60s DRC, I’ll check later this afternoon.
I’m also a fellow '65er, and while I wouldn’t rule against it, I highly doubt anyone would take the time to fake a '65 Burg:)
What were they asking for it?

Hi David.
The bottle has some minor issues, such as clear signs of leaking (sticky capsule top), combined with low fill(7-8cm). No back label, only a German standard slip label saying French product.
It’s probably genuine, but not nice. -It’s at auction, and bids are €260, 22 hours left, 5 bidders.

I’ll still like to hear about these punt marks.

-Søren.

Soren,

The name/mark of the manufacturer can remain constant for decades. There are other marks showing the production time. You need the code from the glass company.