Hammell Wine Alliance/True Believer Offer Now Live

If Michael Jordan pointed at a pair of shoes on the wall at Foot Locker and told you to buy those, would you be all that worried that your buddies from your rec league had never worn them before and given their opinion on them? I’ll take a rec from MK over a page of tasting notes on a wine forum any day of the week. But that’s just me I guess, ymmv.

I agree with your thinking, but I’m not sure your analogy works. MJ never made shoes. In MK, we have a highly regarded winemaker who has made wines from this same vineyard. We also have the well-known fact that Manfred’s wines (as well the Saxum that Tom mentioned) are now highly allocated. So $80 a bottle is not just paying for this year’s wine on Manfred’s say so, it’s also a bet that the wine will be very good for years to come and now is the only time to get on the list.

I’m not saying anyone necessarily should, but there is some logic to it based on history.

All the reasons above, plus Chris Hammell is dedicated, passionate, a good guy, and the worlds best wing man! I am in.

Are you the same Steve Williams who caddied for Tiger Woods? Cause that would affect my interpretation of your “worlds best wing man” comment. :wink:

Out of curiosity, how does one get onto this list, or at least find out more? I need to secret SQN handshake? I’m not seeing anything at all online…

I believe you email Chris, at least that was what I just did.

Put on your ruby red slippers…click your heels together three times and repeat “There’s no place like Bien Nacido, There’s no place like Bien Nacido”
(pm sent)

Thanks!

Maybe…maybe not, Larry. We also had a Roussanne & a Picpoul that night that were truly unmemorable.
He’s still pretty much hit or miss…with a lot of misses.
Tom

I think I sent to the right email. Anyone PM the email so I can make sure?

Chris made good. Not sure what happened but I think I made the list.

I think we’re all waiting to get back our True Believer # and then we’ll know we’ve arrived.

Received the confirmation letter. Now just have to wait for the wine [cheers.gif]

+1

Still waiting for a confirmation letter.

Do you have to truly believe to get a confirmation letter? Maybe I’m not trying hard enough - I blame NoK and NoGirls.

I haven’t gotten one yet.

Chris posted some cool vineyard pics on twitter @c_hammell

I have begun a quest!

So far, zip zilch nada.

Sent an email as well. Haven’t heard anything back.