Flank Steak - What's your favorite marinade?

I prefer wood when grilling for almost any cut of meat. Of course, the selection of what type of wood plays a big role.

Marc Bittman has a great marinade of soy sauce and bourbon. Its 2/3rds one, 1/3rd the other but i always forget which is which so i take the lazy 50/50 route which works quite well.

Quantities are approximate. Measuring is for wimps.

quarter cup soy sauce, quarter cup Worcestershire sauce, one ounce ketchup, quarter cup duck sauce or apricot jam, 2 tsps garlic, a squirt of hot sauce.

Usually fish sauce for us but I’ll give some of the above a try sometime soon.

From a bottle, I really like:

1. Soy Vay Island Teriyaki
  2. J-E-S Yahitori

sesame oil, balsamic, splash maple, fresh ginger, splash garlic/chili infused olive oi, fresh ground pepper.

used to olive oil, lime, garlic, siracha.

Mojo

Gonna have to try the wishbone thing…I also prefer skirt steak to flank steak.

Pounded thin–rolled into a Braciole ( Cured ham/cheese/ bread crumb/egg/ parsley garlic) Marinated in a red sugo sauce :slight_smile:

Alright…your reputation is on the line. Steak marinating in Wishbone in the fridge. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about steak but I’ve done pork tenderloins and chops in Wishbone Italian and it’s pretty good. Has to be the Robusto though and not regular Italian.

you’re dead to me.

holding my breath.

LOL! I live in the burbs. Got to get our kicks somehow.

+1

We also used to use bottled Russian dressing.

well?

I’ve tried it twice. It’s fine. But my kids like a teriyaki marinade better. It’s good as a change of pace. A+ for level of ease though.

Marinate one good sized flank steak in:
1/2 cup lite soy sauce
1 large clove of garlic minced
1 teaspoon ginger
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Put in large zip lock bag and put steak in,
let sit for two or three days.(Turn bag at least
once a day)

I cook on a hot grill for just 3-4 minutes per side, but your tastes may be different. I love this recipe.

I wasn’t impressed by the wishbone marinade.

+1

I did try soy-vey. Was pretty good.