FINAL DETAILS POSTED (see Post #100)...Rhys Offline @ My OC Place--Saturday, 9/30 @ 2PM

9/23 and 9/30 look like they’d work for me. Not sure yet about October

If there is room, I can make it.

Jason

Guys, let’s call this done for Saturday, 9/30. As for a rough time to start, I’d like to do this around 2PM. Aside from those details, let’s get back to posting what you will bring so we can build the painting for what we will taste.

Keep posting please as right now, there are no issues with space.

I’m in. So is it just wide open? As to what wine. I’ll run to the locker this week and get 3 or 4 options. I think mine will all need to be pre 2008.

Jason

We are still in! We will bring a 07 Alpine Pinot and a 11 Family Farm. I will also bring some bubbles and a smoked prime brisket.

We’re still in, and still bringing the same wines.

Frank …

I am planning on attending 9/30 with same wines listed before. Only wrinkle could be a surf trip in Mexico. My buddies are trying to lock down date. Will circle back as soon as I know.

This will be “ahead of the curve” for us so unfortunately we will not be able to make it out this trip. I will look forward to the notes!

Cheers,
JP

Joanne and I will attend 9/30.

When do you want us to select and to call out bottles? Sooner here, or closer to then?

Counselor, thanks for signing on. Please post what you will bring.

As of right now, we have Sean and Bryan committed with these:

07 Alpine PN
11 Family Farm PN
09 Shoe Chard
08 Skyline Syrah

So, a lot is fair game to add.

PS–for those who may be reading this post and are not able to attend b/c of where you live or other constraints, I want to expand the idea and make this event virtual, open to anyone who wants to drink Rhys on this date and share impressions.

Here is the Wine Talk post I have placed. Rhys Virtual Offline--9/30, Saturday (List of committed wines in Post #1) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Please join us virtually if that is easier for you.

Hi Frank,

Been a long time lurker at WB and only mildly active over in CellarTracker forums as “vietty”. I’ve come across your posts and tasting notes quite a bit, so I want to thank you for all the info I’ve gotten from you over the years.

I’m interested in attending your offline on Saturday 9/30/17. I don’t have any Rhys but willing to source a bottle from a local retailer (e.g. I see WineEx has some older bottles for sale). I’m also open to reimbursing someone at cost or trading a bottle if that works better for the group. Two options I have for trade are 2013 Rochioli Riverblock or Three Corner.

One concern I have is that I’m a relative wine newbie (would be my first offline), and have never had Rhys before so I may not be the most helpful in a critical discussion.

Please let me know if there is any open spots available, thanks.

V., nice to meet you. I dug looking through your 2017 trip report. You should put that over here and post it to Wine Talk. That kind of photo quality with your evident passion for food would get some good interest around here.

Please come to the event. Regardless of your wine newbie status, we’re all on the same journey, which is fellowship and learning the beauty of this hobby.

Maybe what you do is post a list of 1/2 dozen wines you would want to trade and see who wants to flip with you. I too have plenty to share so it won’t be an issue to get you something for the event–no need to buy anything from retail.

I’m in.

Now begins the search for a Rhys myself…

Thanks Frank, the event is on my calendar.

Here are some options if someone wants to trade 1:1 a bottle of Pinot Noir for a bottle of Rhys:
2013 Copain Wendling
2013 Littorai Hirsch
2013 Rochioli River Block
2013 Rochioli Three Corner
2014 Banshee Barlow
2014 Boheme Stuller

– Viet

Viet, excellent to have you on board for the event. One way or another, I will make sure you are all set but let’s see who has an interest in a trade with you.

Brig, same with you.

We have a nice core of people developing here for the event. My vision for this is to have smart palates around these wines and some impressions formed. We’re on our way to making that happen.

I’ll bring two bottles for me and my bride:

08 Bearwallow Pinot
10 Family Farm Pinot

Hi Frank! As you know, my attendance on this board is spotty, but just saw this and am very interested. I can very likely attend and if so, will bring: 2012 Rhys Pinot Noir Home Vineyard . I’ll give you plenty of warning if things change

Hey Viet, nice to see another newbie. I’ll be there with the same 3 wines that I listed before (again below), maybe you can lay claim to one of them? No need to trade but I wouldn’t object if you brought a sparkler or dessert wine to share before/after we dig into the Rhys haha.

2012 Alpine Chard
2010 Alpine Pinot
2005 Chileno valley Pinot

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the generous offer. I was PM-ed by Chris and we have a trade worked out for the event.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Viet