FINAL DETAILS POSTED (see Post #100)...Rhys Offline @ My OC Place--Saturday, 9/30 @ 2PM

I resigned from the Organize Offlines Fraternity, or OOF, three years ago. I have only organized about five since then. Let’s see what Frank does.

I am interested and any of those dates work for me…
Thanks,

Sept 2nd and 9th work well for us.

I could make September 2 or September 9.

I know this wasn’t one of the options, but Sunday September 3 could also be good, with Monday being Labor Day.

Thanks for the replies. In the midst of posting this, I got busy with work and have been traveling a lot, as well as some other calendar items personally popped up that conflicted with the set of dates I had previously listed.

In order to bring this along and get us a date, I’d appreciate a repost by anyone who wants to attend. Below is a new set of dates that I would like to see voted on that can work for you. Once I have enough replies, I will settle us on a date for the event. PS–I added a couple July dates as options this time.

7/15
7/29
8/5
8/19
9/23

I would like to be in but can probably only do August 5

This sounds really interesting – I’ve heard a lot about the Rhys wines but haven’t really tried any. I’ve also really appreciated seeing Kevin Harvey’s posts here, learned a lot from his contributions on threads for carricante/Cali nebbiolo, etc.

I could do 8/5, 8/19 and 9/23, would prefer 8/5 or 9/23 at this point. I’m assuming this would be in the south OC?

All of the dates look good for Mindi and I.

Fred, in the South OC at my house in the Dana Point area. Have not met you before so it would be a pleasure to have you meet many down here who make up the OC.

Gang, depending on how many people we get, and within that the amount of bottles we can put into the event, we could do an afternoon start with the whites, then do follow into dinner with the reds. My vision for this would be to do this casual, using the BBQ and BYOF. I didn’t see us using a chef this time.

8/5

Of those we could only do 7/29 or 8/19.

I have plenty of Rhys and I need to be in SD the week of 8/21. I could make 8/19 work.

Arn, 8/5 is now out. As a member of the NW group up here in my neighborhood, that day is going to be a comm BBQ and most of my neighbors won’t u/stand the Rhys craft, I fear! Sorry about the date issue but I know you and Mrs C lead a busy social life, of which sometimes we get to cross, which I dig.

8/19 seems to be a good date, and with Mr JW in town, that would be cool to treat him well. Please post interest in the dates I offered (aside now from 8/5) and we’ll lock it in.

What are the “schools of thought about when to drink them”?

Gang, let’s just go with August 19th, Saturday @ 2PM.

What I want to do is keep this informal, meaning if you are going to attend and you have some Rhys to share, bring it. I would like to manage this enough to eliminate duplicate bottles so please post what you will be bringing so others can plan their wines, too.

I’d say we try and look at all the wines–Chard, Syrah and Pinot.

As for food, bring what you want to BBQ and we’ll just fire it up, taste wines and relax with some music and discussion about what’s under the corks. I’ll take some notes so that we can do a post after the event and share impressions.

Hi Frank, the title is off by 1 day (supposed to be 8/19).
Thanks.

I’ll be with a +1, we’ll probably be a little late, maybe arriving around 3 pm or so. I’ll be bringing:
2012 Alpine Chard
2010 Alpine Pinot
2005 Chileno valley Pinot

Thanks, Andre.

Good work, Fred.

I have a pretty wide selection of Rhys so I will wait for others to post and then see what forms in terms of a lineup.

I am in +1

I’m in for a 07 Alpine Pinot and a 11 Family Farm. I will also bring some bubbles and a smoked brisket.

Thanks for putting this together Frank!

We’ll be there (me +1). I’ll figure out what to bring and will report back shortly.