Favorite everyday breakfast foods

Yum! flirtysmile I love me some Hawaiian food. I grew up on Spam. Spam gets a bad rap, maybe cuz it starts out as a liquid, gets poured into the can, and then solidifies. My friend took a tour of the Spam factory once and said he couldn’t eat spam again after seeing the process. More for me!!!

[snort.gif] Yes. That’s exactly what happened. I’m devastated that I can’t make his upcoming birthday [cry.gif]

I’m not much of a breakfast person. Once in a while I crave French Toast. If I have bread in the house, I’ll slather some Nutella on it and have it with my coffee. If I’m in a protein mood, I’ll make eggs over easy and put sweet chili sauce on it.

Todd, I actually tried your sauteed onions and scrambled eggs dish for breakfast while I was in Montreal. While there, I also rediscovered the joy of a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel sandwich for breakfast. flirtysmile

I just made some fresh bagels and bought lots of smoked salmon so this is going to be my go to breakfast for a while. I usually top it with fresh tomato and Vidalia onion slices and a sprinkling of capers. Yum.

Is there any other way than with tomatoes AND onions, oh and capers? Yum!

Been making frittatas on the weekends using some leftovers from the week. Today we used leftover oven roast potatoes cooked with duck fat, cut up and cooked with the eggs. Paired with toasted Rosemary bread.

Quinoa with a Myriad [cheers.gif] --of flavors you can add!!

Today Chicken, herb goat cheese, dried cherries, parsley , slivered almonds, granny smith apples–add a bit of scrambled egg if you wish …your good to go!!

Balsamic sauce

Spicy Breakfast Burrito and a Naked Juice Mighty Mango plus two double espresso.

Nonfat Greek yogurt, fruit, lots of coffee.

Life in this discussion after three years. Funny how this internet thing works. Nothing goes away, not even snapchat photos.

Eggs over easy with bacon once a week or so. Special K or Cheerios once in a blue moon. Coffee with half and half, no sugar.

Saddened that a few people on this thread are no longer with us :frowning:

I like breakfast but for most of my life, I have never eaten it in the morning. Most days it is coffee followed by a smoothie. My smoothie is, 2 Bananas, handful of Blueberries, other fruit (whatever is on hand), Kale, Ginger, Kefir, flax seed or chia, and a little OJ.

When I have time, I like eggs very slow poached in EVOO (yolk 99% runny) and served over a hash with whatever meat and veggies are left from the week. With Tapatio of course.

Jason

I’ve recently gotten into eggs in pepper rings. You cook a couple rashers of bacon, then use the fat to start the pepper rings. Cook a while and flip, then put an egg in each one. In illustrations they show sunny side up because those are pretty. The dish is better but uglier with the egg over easy. Tear up a little cheese and put it in while the whites are liquid, you could also add some dill weed or whatever.

If you do that and cook sunny side up, the cheese just goes to the bottom and burns. Putting a lid on the pan helps cook the yolks just a big for sunny side up, but if you flip the egg the cheese stays soft runny and delicious.

Pretty cool Frank.

I eat all kinds of stuff for breakfast, even cereal (gasp!), and Jason’s smoothie above is very similar to something I make very often.

However, lately my favorite is an over-easy egg with super runny yolk on 12-grain bread, covered in a mound of cilantro and then doused in Sriracha. It is awesome.

Most days I have Honey Bunches with walnuts and dried cherries. Once or twice a week I make a couple if poached eggs on English muffins. Coffee is non-negotiable.

two eggs over-easy on whole wheat toast and a splash of hot sauce. If the avocados are in the house and ripe I’ll have a 1/2 sliced and planked over the eggs.

Resurrecting an old thread as I’ve found myself in quite the habit lately - 2 fried eggs (in truffle butter if I have it) and a half cup of fruit/nut granola, OJ, and 2 cups of #berserkerday (The Coffee Grounds) coffee throughout the morning

Milton’s whole grain English muffin, nancy’s cream cheese, Costco sockeye lox. same thing every day.

Just a cup of french press weekdays.

On weekends, it’s hard to go wrong with basic scrambled eggs (helps that we have chickens), cooked slow until just set, finished with Maldon salt; or fried eggs (cooked in a liberal amount of butter over med-hi heat until the underside is crisp). Bonus points if there’s steak leftover from last night.

A few other favorites:

Scrambled eggs with sautéed onions, diced ham and smoked paprika.

Omelet with fresh herbs and brie.

When my tree is producing them, fresh figs and yogurt drizzled with Greek thyme honey.