Favorite everyday breakfast foods

Cold pizza with a pepsi is flirtysmile

Try a cold crab rangoon as a change up. It’s magic.

Ceviche…

True dat. He smoked an 80-pound porker for Marshall Manning’s 40th birthday and I’m still salivating at the memory. Ask Christine Huang about it, 'cause I think I saw her eyes roll back into her head at first bite.

Most mornings I have 10oz of orange juice, while reading the funnies. Then I have two TJ’s Chewy Chocolate Chunk cookies with 8-10oz of 2% milk, while reading the rest of the Santa Fe New Mexican.

Brown Cow brand yogurt, some slices of cheese, some fruit, maybe a slice of baguette with some French butter. Oh, coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

On the weekends I make brunch: a very runny omelette with organic eggs and sides of fruit, yogurt, some lightly-smoked bacon, salad, bread, and of course coffee.

What the hell is with you people?

Wheaties of course!

That is THE most disgusting omelette I’ve ever heard of!!! [tease.gif]

[rofl.gif]

everyday breakfast is coffee and a couple bites of whatever the kids didn’t finish.
on a good day: good bacon with whatever

only breakfast I really enjoy is a lot of onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos, and salsa and guack with a few over easy eggs.

I keep threatening to get a vitamix and make a smoothie every day.

You don’t need a Vitamix to make a smoothie - any blender will do.

Since I keep chickens, it is eggs most mornings for me. I usually make a frittata at the beginning of the week- usually lots of veggies and some sort of meat. Last Saturday I bought some lamb and bleu cheese sausages that I put in this week’s frittata. Yum.

Daily smoothie with frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, a wedge of orange pulp, vanilla whey powder, raw oats,a little water and a tablespoon of cottage cheese.

On Sunday I lightly sauteed some minced red onion and chopped canned roasted red pepper, then stirred that into beaten eggs to make scrambled eggs. As the eggs finished I stirred in a big pinch of the preshredded Italian cheese blend (the very cheap stuff in the dairy case) into the hot eggs. It was excellent.

Yeah, but a Vitamix is just cooler. Had smoothie this am. Spinach, kale, mangoes, pineapple, banana, some butternut squash and hemp oil.

Most days it’s organic eggs and some meat from the deli counter @ WF. Current fave is Sopressata.

1 shot of E3Live (blue green algae) with a water chaser

Green smoothie with some combination of apple, pear, kale, spinach, parsley, cilantro, romaine lettuce, cucumber, ginger, lemon/lime and water (I have a vitamix, but wish I had a cold pressed juicer)

If I am really hungry, I will also have a toasted Ezekiel muffin with almond butter

I have bought and burned out my last (maybe 7th?) non-$400 blender.

I had to look that up. As much as I love whole grains, seeds, and legumes, it sounds wonderful to me. Do you make your own, or buy a commercial product? If you make them, have a favorite recipe? If commercial, have a favorite brand? TIA.

Commercial product made by Food for Life. You can find them in the frozen section at Whole Foods in the gluten free area. I find the sprouted grain breads to provide more sustained energy than traditional flour based products. Regardless, they are pretty tasty.

Spam, white rice and eggs. What can I say, my Mom’s from Hawaii. Loco Moco is a close second.

A banana eaten with an open jar of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon, and the squeeze bottle of sriracha to liven it up.

[thumbs-up.gif]