Falltacular--Friday Night BYOB Dinner, 2/19/2016--FINAL DETAILS in Post #113

Mark, thank you.

Folks for now, the dinner is closed. I will speak to the restaurant next week and determine the seating and capacity limits in better detail.

An important update. I have selected Luciana’s in Dana Point. http://www.lucianas.com/ This is where we had the dinner last year and aside from some tight space, we made it work and the food IMO was done well.

We also have a dinner attendance increase of 25% this year and we cannot make last year’s space fit that size of crowd. To give us the space we need, we will use the same front room as last year, along with the cellar room that is on the other side of the bar, which will hold 25 people. So, while not in a contiguous space, we will be in the same restaurant. This also allows us to allow a few more people to sign up so the waiting list thing is waived (for now).

We do not want people moving back and forth between the 2 spaces, carrying bottles and glasses. I need then to ask all of you in which space do you want to be seated: the smaller space, smaller crowd (Cellar Room) or bigger space and crowd (Front Room)? If you have a preference, post it. if I don’t get 25 people for the Cellar Room, I will make assignments to ensure we all fit comfortably.

As to menu, I suggested they look to last year and that we’d talk again and set it next month. I would say it will look similar to this (last year’s), served family style:
1–Insalata Di Arugula
2–Polenta Salciccia
3–Herb Roasted Porkloin with Blackberry Chutney
4–Ox Tail Ragu, Wild Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto
5–Cannoli

The cost will go up $5, to $55 all in (cash only, no credit cards). This is fair, given what we get and the sheer amount of BYOB wine that is front of you. And, we will need to haul in our own stems.

I want everyone to have a great time, to feel comfortable and have the dinner be what they wish it to be. If though after reading my updates above you feel like this is not what you want it to be, then you can post back that you will pass or PM me and I will remove you. I’m not making this post to turn people away or browbeat people to drop–no, no, no. I just want to be transparent so you can get all the info and be prepared.

Thank you for waiting on me to finalize things.

Scott Freedman is a new add (and looking forward to it!!!)

Frank, you are a peach. Great job amigo. Why not put Jones and his ark of people in the same room?

Front Room for 2, Frank!

Plus 2

All looks awesome, my friend. Thanks once again for making this happen.

Put me wherever you’d like, buddy.

Cheers!

Great idea, Greg! Let’s keep you, Mark, his animals and any other assorted LA rif/raf in a separate room!

[winner.gif]

Guys, I want to get balance and mix the crowd. I don’t want to create a Neudesic Friday party room by putting them all in the cellar, and I want Mark’s new people to meet everyone, to mix with them. We can make that work and that cellar room could be a helluva fun place to be in. I will volunteer to be in that room so if you want to make fun of my haircut, my age or my taste in acidic, shrill, fruitless CA wine that I seem to enjoy these days, then post you will be in the cellar room. I’ll sit there alone if I have to.

Maybe I should put Gregg and Andrew at a table for two and they can figure out the 2016 election?

Frank,
If you need volunteers for the cellar room, put the Rudmans and Gootkins there!

Frank you can put Mindi and I in the cellar room

Frank, you can add me, Rob Berry and Rob Bastuba to the cellar room as well

Frank; If possible, please put Diana, Aida, John and me in the front room.
Thanks
Marshall

Nothing like some warm OC love.

Front room please, with the rest of the ahem rif raf.

Ypu can pit me and my +1 (hopefully) in the Cellar Room as well I’d you’d like . . . Or not . . .

Is there an “out of town” room?
If not, JoAnn and I can be in the cellar - especially if there is more room and it is less noisy.

…ok, a bit of context…I was stuck in the occourts jury room, surrounded by banks of TV’s that played an endless stream of Steve Harvey and Howie Mandel. That, plus two cappucino’s and some Noodle Tramp from 4th Street Market, a little fun seemed in order? That, and I’ve been pining for some alone time with Gregg.

Also, Sahba and I may not be able to attend the dinner. Keep us in for now, but it looks sketchy. My entire familiy + girlfriends are in town for my son Kian’s birthday, which is very un-strategically coordinated with the annual Falltacular event every year.

You scoundrel, just how many girlfriends do you have? Do they get along with your entire family?

Unfortunately, I am not so lucky, my brothers have the girlfriends, or as far as Sahba knows.