Falltacular 2017, 2/18/2017--FINAL DETAILS...see Post #80

Booked, less than 2 months away!

Time to buy an ugly sweater!
It will be good to see you, Mike.

All booked! Looking forward to seeing everyone relatively soon! champagne.gif

Now, I need to start thinking about some bottles for the silent auction. [dance-clap.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Sweater was purchased some time ago for this special occasion :wink:

Will be so great to see everyone.

Mike

Mr P, your check is in, you and Lori are set.

Folks, we are now Sold Out and I am moving to a wait list. I really appreciate all of you making this happen, as we have already raised $14,000 in donations. What will happen now is a Wait List will be created and if any further checks are received by Laura’s House, the person will be contacted and offered two options: 1) have the check returned and forego the wait list, or 2) have the check held, it is not cashed and the person will go onto the wait list and if we get notice of a confirmed guest being unable to attend, we move an equal amount of wait list to the confirmed list, and Laura’s accepts the donation.

I now need to move into the final key pieces of the event, which is the Silent Auction. Simply, we need wines donated to fill the garage and our bid sheets. Whether you are attending or not, all donations are welcome. Wine, hand-made art, etc. One bottle, a case, whatever you like to donate, it always sells and this is how we raise the other 50% of what we collect every year. Please, look to your cellars and inventory and help me with a donation of this kind.

I also need my hourly volunteers to step up. One hour of your time to work the house or the BBQ. The schedule is part of the Event File, which you can find in Post #1. Click it, open the file, open the Volunteer tab. Post or PM me, as I need to fill that schedule to ensure the event runs smoothly.

For now, that’s it. This message is too long but I needed to pass you along some key info!

Frank,

Let’s see if we can get some momentum for loading up your garage for the Silent Auction - I will be donating one bottle of each of the following wines:

2007 Lillian syrah
2008 Lillian syrah
2010 Myriad Three Twins Vineyard cabernet sauvignon
2011 Myriad Three Twins Vineyard cabernet sauvignon
2010 Realm The Tempest
2011 Realm The Tempest

Cheers!
Paul

Paul, thanks a million, as your dedicated support goes back many years now, as does so many from around here. Thank You!

Updates to the file are now made. We have several new wineries signed on, we appreciate them and also the help of Philip Carpenter to steer them our way. We have a bunch of wines now committed, as well as many more auction lots. And, I added a tab to show the Friday dinner RSVPs. We are damn near at the Wait List now for that too. The link to see the Event File is back in Post #1.

Wine storage locker run complete! Need to come up with our donation soon!

Cheers!
Marshall

Just a friendly reminder our block of rooms is to expire a week from today. We still have available:

5 King Suites at $114
3 Double Queen Suites at $114
2 Double Queen Standards at $104

I waited several days to post this update to allow a # of things to be added–new wineries, new wines, more auction items and updates to the volunteer schedule. Please open the file if you want to see all of these–the link is in Post #1 above.

I still need volunteers to fill out the schedule, and auction item donations. There is time but please help me by responding sooner than later so I’m not crushed at the end!

Our block of rooms will be released at the end of the day, so if you need a room please call the Best Western Marina Point ASAP. The price will still be good after today but the rooms may not be available. Phone # is (949) 248-1000.

Working on some Ancillary Cellars donations for the auction Frank.

This even sounds like a lot of fun, I never knew it was such a big production and benefits a good charity. I’ll look forward to seeing if I can make it next year! Have a great time!

Hey everyone. Just got caught up from a long week and did some editing to the Event File. Several more wineries now committed, the silent auction list is nearing 100 lots now and we’re making in total excellent progress. Use the link in Post #1 to see everything.

Please, we still need silent auction support so if you’re reading this thread and you want to do something about domestic violence, to impact the topic in a positive direction, consider donating a bottle or two for the event. Everything we collect goes back to the charity. If you want to donate, reach out to me.

Nick, it would be a pleasure to meet you some day. Please, try and make it next year. It’s a great time.

Making great progress everyone. We are over 100 Silent Auction lots now, and $7,000 in starting bids for those items. This is smashing good. Please continue to send me auction commitments and I will add them. The deadline for auction items (so that we can make the sheets) is Monday, 2/13. As for the wines being poured, that list has expanded too and we are looking to land around 150 different wines for the event. The rest of those commitments will fill in over the next week, also.

Use the link in Post #1 to see everything.

Dude! Is that true that TRB is attending?

Excellent! Glad I just through a Rivers-Marie pinot in for the auction! [rofl.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Yes, we have strong attendance this year by the winemakers and inside of that group will be Thomas. He is the winemaker behind Rivers-Marie and Riverain, both who will be poured during the event.

I do appreciate that the winemakers attend, as the demands for them to be places, taste with people and still, uh, make wine is a hard balance. When you run into the winery people during the event, thank them for attending, for not only donating their craft but also making some time to attend and mix with all of youze.

While we will have less people this year as compared to 2016, we will have more wine in the house and more auction lots in the garage. Really feel blessed by the winery support this year, as well as your personal donations. Thank you!

Updated the file, which you can view in Post #1. We’re just about done with capturing all the wine commitments and final auction items!