Falltacular 2017, 2/18/2017--FINAL DETAILS...see Post #80

Hi Frank,

Check is in the mail for Gale and I. Are you looking to put together another golf day the Friday prior to the event?

Silk

Yes, definitely doing the Friday AM golf again. Plan on it.

I dropped a check on Wednesday at their office, which I do every year rather than try to find a stamp in our junk drawer (what’s mail?). The woman at the front desk (not the normal lady, who’s name I forget but is about as sweet as they come) who took my check said SEVERAL people had already dropped off check’s! She said Frank had “…definitely created a sense of urgency this year.”

I wonder if Stoneking drove down from Ventura at 4am to make sure he was first on the list?

Andrew, thanks for the support and I do hope you can make it this year, even if for a little while. To still see you be contributing when you may not be able to make it, that is awesome, man.

I can’t make the event Frank, but I’m very pleased to support such a fantastic cause! Donation sent.

Mikey D, thanks for your check pal, it arrived today. Very generous of you and hope we can see you in person one of these years. To everyone, we crossed 100 paid today and have raised now over $10,000 for the front door–THANK YOU!

If you have yet to mail your check, you oughta getter done. We’re getting close to my attendance target and the wait list will begin once we reach it. Avoid being on it.

To see the attendance list, simply click the Dropbox link in Post #1.

Hi Frankie,
Check in the mail… Thanks Mark for donating the glasses again!!! You Rock… Can’t wait to see everyone…
Merry Christmas!!!

We crossed through 110 paid today–thank you. With the winemakers and remaining crew, we’re at 120. 30 spots left. Please mail if you are attending.

Thank you big time to Arnie Caplan and his wife, Lisa. They have donated 18 bottles of Carlisle to the silent auction. Arnie and Lisa, thank you for these wines, which will directly raise over $500 (or more). To everyone, the silent auction generates just over 50% of the money we raise in total during Falltacular so please look at your cellars and think about a donation of wine. One bottle, as many bottles as you like–it all works and we always auction everything, every year.

Check going in the mail today for 2!

Yeah Baby!! Glad you can make it down.

[highfive.gif] It’s about time I say.

Rat, this is terrific to see you are making the commitment to come down here in February. Thanks for making the effort and travel to come down and see everyone, to support the charity. You’re going to dig it!

OK, does anyone have any suggestion as to where we stay?

Frank: a little late to the party but will contribute wines from Atlas Wine Co.- Agnitio Pinot & Chardonnay, The Omen. Working on other wineries also.

Should have the details from the Best Western Marina Shores we have used in Dana Point. Waiting to hear back on the confirmed rooms I have asked for. Will hope to have a block on 25 rooms to start for both Friday and Saturday nights.

Thank you Mike! Not that I was starting to worry [wink.gif]

Thanks Mike, we’ll need Sunday night as well as we want to do a day in Catalina and the only flight back to Sonoma County leaves John Wayne at 12:50pm so we are not leaving until Monday.

Lodging Details for Falltacular
Best Western Plus Marina Shores
34280 Pacific Coast Highway
Dana Point CA 92629
(800) 232-3262 or (949) 248-1000

Please contact the front desk to reserve your room. You MUST use the phrase “Laura’s House Falltacular” when reserving to get the group pricing that was offered. These rooms are held until 1/22/17 and will then be released to the hotel’s general inventory. The price has gone up $5 this year over the past 2 years rate, but is still a steal at the prices noted below. Use these savings in the auction!!

17- Two Room King Suites- $114 (AAA- $162)
5- Two Room Queen Suites- $114 (AAA- $171)
5- Standard Queen Double- $104 (AAA- $162)

Parking is again included, saving $20 for a 2 night stay.

The hotel is really looking forward to hosting us during our stay are fully committed to the cause behind Laura’s House. If you or your friends are in the area and looking for lodging, please consider the Best Western Plus, Marina Shores and mention you have stayed here before for Laura’s House to let them know you are appreciative to the savings they offer us.

Contact me with any questions regarding the lodging.
Cheers,
Mike Stoneking

Thanks Mike!

All reserved!!! Thanks Mike.
When you call – first tell them you are part of a group. All of the king suites are held. So, when I called and asked for a king suite they said they were all gone. Then I said I was part of the group.
They are very nice to deal with – especially when they have you in the system.
See you all soon.