Falltacular 2015--Sat, 2/21 @ My OC Pad...FINAL DETAILS POSTED (Page 7)

Thanks for all the checks, everyone. We are now past that 20 paid mark, with a few new people already sending checks and confirming their spots. In addition, we have more wines being committed by Liquid Farm (thanks Nerd), plus committments from Arcadian, Lucia/Pisoni to join the event again. You may also note that Loring, Cowan, Dunstan, Riverain, Cowan and Kutch have committed their wines to the list, too.

We march on, here is the link to show you where we stand: Dropbox - File Deleted

Check for Dana and I will go out tomorrow. Need to get the call in to the Best Western ASAP. Will get those details up soon.

King, thanks for being the leader on the hotel piece. Appreciate it, man.

Ask them if they still have the van available, Mike. Who knows if there is Uber or similar service for Friday night since the van does not go out of the area. Otherwise there are some taxi services. Designated driving is key!

Looking for some feedback from the group on your experiences at the SJC Best Western over the past couple of years. The Trip Advisor reviews are spotty and it appears the hotel is in need of a major upgrade. While I wait for those comments I will check other hotels in the area and see what other options are out there. The wild card is the Saturday shuttle which I have not seen in a quick check of other lodging options. Perhaps Dana Point, which is not too far away might be another option.

There is Uber in the area according to their website. Frank’s to Dana Point is about $15-30 depending on the vehicle. Higher cost would be for a bigger vehicle that carries more people.

Scott and Andrea are in! will mail the check this week.

Mike, we were going to stay wherever the masses stayed. But, I have noticed a hotel off the Freeway about two miles north of the BW called The Hills Hotel (http://www.thelagunahillshotel.com) which appears to be a converted Holiday Inn. Looks really trendy and according to their website rooms are from $139 which could be a splurge for some. No idea if they have any transportation.

You could easily take all back streets to/from this hotel, so that’s a good option.

Hmmm…my daughter, who lives in San Diego is having a baby in late January and I was going to visit her in Feb. Might see about heading up to the OC after visiting my grandson…will know for sure in a week or so.

Congrats!! And it would be awesome to have you hang out with us!!!

Been happy enough at the BW—they do have the outdoor hot tub and the pool, both of which are pluses for me. Thanks as always for taking the lodging logistics lead, Mike.

Maluhia,

Mike

Mike; We have stayed at the BW for a number of Falltaculars’…It is not great, but considering how little time we spend in the room, it is serviceable. IF they continue to give us the great “Falltacular” rate, then I have no problem staying there. OTOH, I am certainly open to options.
Thanks for your efforts!

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

I have no idea…Wouldn’t be the first time. [drinkers.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [welldone.gif]

One person left BW last year because of loud people on the west side. We have not had issues but would consider the alternate Hill property. lol discus options!

Have stayed at the BW for a few of the Falltaculars and, though not ‘great’, for the special rate, I’d go back…

Cheers

Check is in the mail and BW works for me.

I’ll pour upstairs later in the day.

JoAnn and I can pour upstairs later in the day just like last year.

Thank you all for the continued replies and support. Below is the link for the Event File, which reflects the terrific progress we are making with winery committments, checks received and the volunteer schedule. Thank you all.

Stick me with Dietz… flirtysmile

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif