Falltacular 2015--Sat, 2/21 @ My OC Pad...FINAL DETAILS POSTED (Page 7)

I plan on attending once again - and hope to make it down for the Friday night dinner . . . AND stay for the afterparty this time!

This is one of my favorite wine related events year in and year out - it truly is a wonderful event and raises money for a great cause! Jill and Frank pull out all of the stops to make sure that their house is laid out wonderfully for the 100+ folks who invade, and I am honored to have my wines poured in support of the cause!

And the food . . . well, if Jay does show this year and makes either of those dishes mentioned, better watch out - I’ll be camped over there and may allow one or two others to sneak in - but probably not more!!!

Brad and I are in and I’m sure some of the other troops will be in as well!

After talking with Larry a couple of weeks ago, I am determined to make it this year.

Andrea and I are planning to make it this year!

Looks like this is a no go for me. I have a family wedding in NOLA on the 22nd that I must attend. If the love birds manage to split up before then, I will reconsider.

PS - I am actually giving serious thought to blast freezing a smoked brisket with mole sauce and caramelized onions and shipping it to you by FedEx, but I will probably get over that idea.

Jay, thanks for giving thought to coming in February. I enjoyed playing golf with you last year, then opening bottles in the kitchen afterwards before we headed to the pre-Falltac Friday dinner. Was a great day, I really enjoyed it. I also know it’s a long ass ways for guys like you, Erf, even the Nor Cal guys to make a trip to see us. I do appreciate all of you giving it your thought and considering the event.

I will be asking for checks to be mailed, will make that announcement after T-Giving. In addition, I will start asking the wineries to commit on paper the wines they will pour so I can start to provide that out to all of you for knowing what is going to be in our glasses. And, we’ll begin the silent auction committments on paper at that time, too. Just wanting to let people breathe, enjoy the T-Giving holiday and then get to cracking on the details in December.

Thanks again everyone.

As always, count me in!

Hey Frank: Not the biggest of deals but is Laura’s House going to provide any receipts for the things we donated? I think we got one for the items we bought.

Thanks
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Mr G, yes, you can get a receipt for items you donate. If you need me to assist with that, drop me a PM.

I attended last night an event at the Laura’s House store that is pictured in my first post above. The store is doing a terrific job as a real clothing source and there are some nice things there. Brig Campbell works there a couple days a week as a volunteer, he can testify to the quality.

I will be asking Falltacular attendees to consider making a clothing donation, to bring the clothing items with them to the February event here at the house. Much like you and Diana have done in past years, Mr G, this would be an additional way for folks to do something extra for the charity and take the cool tax donation too if they wish.

Count me in!! So awesome that you put this together for such a great cause!! grouphug [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

Jim and Perry are in. Great work in making such a difference for Laura’s House! You and Dr. Jill should be proud!

Jim and Perry are in. Great work in making such a difference for Laura’s House! You and Dr. Jill should be proud!

I went last year, unbelievably for the first time. I’d encourage everyone to go. It is obviously for a great cause and at the same time provides a great chance to socialize with a bunch of Berserkers and try some board favorite wines.

I will bid a $100 donation for Jay’s brisket :slight_smile:

You’d be stealing it at that price, John.

Can’t wait to go again this year. We’re already gearing up and pitching more wino friends into joining!

$105!

$110, and I’ll give you a bite.

$115

Ok everyone, it’s time to start the checks for the event. As you may know, or if you are new to the event, your check secures your spot.

As with last year, we will again maintain the price for $75 per person. Let me point out that this is the same price I have maintained now for 3 years. Some of you have asked why I don’t raise the price, to maximize the event’s money raising efforts. My rationale is that I would rather folks spend the additional money in the garage, on the silent auction items. We raised about $12,000 in the garage last year and so our leverage is there. I will offer this: the $75 per person is a minimum donation. You may certainly write the check for more and boost your efforts to help us raise money–this is your call and I won’t judge the amount of any check, but please no less than $75 per person. Finally, we have maximum of 2 paid persons per check to ensure that all who want to come, they can have the shot at attending.

I must know everyone that attends. We encourage attendance and meeting new people but this is not a public event. If you are new to the event and/or you are one of the devoted event cheerleaders that drives new attendance to the event each year, please make sure the check from any new person lists their phone #. I reach out and confirm via live phone call to every new person, every year. This way, we maintain our committment to the ABC folks, and we provide a personal experience so that folks attending for the first time feel welcome and part of what we do.

Make your checks out to and mail directly to Laura’s House @:

Falltacular 2015
C/o Laura’s House
999 Corporate Drive, Suite #225
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
949-361-3775

Thank you all. As we get checks, I will record them and start a file on Dropbox, link it here so everyone will know their checks are confirmed.

I’ll be posting requests for Volunteers, Auction Items and also begin listing the wines soon, as I will be getting with the winery support system here shortly and get cracking on telling you what 100+ wines we will have this year.

Let’s get going and thank you!