Coravin promo code?

It’s definitely not work. Total FUN! Not sure I would qualify it as a Macgyver project, but worth a few bucks and a bit of my time. Anyone have any empty capsules with the plastic piece intact that want to donate to the effort? I have access to a machine/plastic injecton shop. Send me a PM.

Then it might not be a worthwhile purchase for you. I almost always end up dumping at least a third of any bottle I open at home so I’ve leaning towards getting one.

In other news Chelsea Wine Storage got in a Coravin for the use of their renters so I got to see it in action for the first time on Saturday. I’ve never had the wine before so I have no basis for comparison on it but it tasted fine to me.

So what would you do if you could have a cartridge with more capacity? Would anyone buy if it were 60 % of the price of coravin’s capsules? I have access to a machine shop and am going to play around with prototyping some of these. Seems like a fun project to spend some time with my engineering friend.

I like the form factor of the coravin as it sits right now. It is slim, sleek and attractive, but might have to either elongate the threaded cover for the capsule, or increase its diameter. Not quite sure yet.

I just don’t know how to source the cartridges. Working on that. Any ideas for sourcing larger argon cartridges with a threaded top would be great.

Rob, thanks in advance for sending me the adapter from your used cartridge. I still have 40-50% of my first cartridge full. But that will have to change as I need to inspect the puncture point.

This was more or less the gist of my wife’s comment to me when I floated the trial balloon of buying a Coravin.

Paraphrasing - “when was the last time you opened a bottle you liked that lasted longer than 24 hours?”

Damn the logic thing!

Ok, I did it and it was successful.

I bought the 10 pack generic cartridges above from amazon and took some pliers and twisted the black top off the old coravin cartridge and twisted it on the new one and it works fine.

But… The cartridges are out of stock or something on amazon as the price is $488.

Also ! The product page has changed and says, not for other wine preserver systems.

Well that’s bs, they work fine.

So why would they state this ?

Did coravin send them harassing emails ? I bet they did.

Will they send me harassing emails now ? I bet they will.

These should also work:

http://www.amazon.com/Cartridge-Cartridges-ReServe-Wine-Preservation/dp/B00IDDDG2K/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1395448063&sr=1-3&keywords=Argon+gas+cartridges

Amen… I just did this …it’s so stupid … The dollar difference was negligible … It’s it green, I am this is a problem…

awesome, good find ! so about $5 a piece instead of coravin $10 a piece.

Anybody else wonder why these amazon pages make a fuss about not using these for other wine preservers ?
They clearly work fine for the coravin, I have used 10 of them so far with no problems.

I wonder if other people were buying them for other wine preserver systems that dont use the
threaded cartridges like these ?

I am looking using a Coravin for Samples when I am out sell wine. Anybody out there in Berserker-Land know where these might be bought in greater bulk than a 12 Pack?

Think is a matter of nomenclature;
Consumer = cartridges or chargers

Seen some referred as sparklets … any compressed gas wizards know the real answer?

$75.

Holy crap.

How much is the charge in shipping on top of the cartridges.

I see people saying that each pouring costs me this much but I doubt that they have included the shipping in that.