Coravin promo code?

Nope.

Arschloch

:slight_smile:

A promo code has not surfaced yet, and I suspect that Coravin is keeping a tight rein on capsule prices for the reasons others have mentioned. Their business model is a good one (for the company), and I wouldn’t be surprised if they start reducing the price of the device to the point of break-even and make all their profit on high gross margin cartridges.

I’m finding that my use case is to always have at least 1 white and 1 red “CV’d” and on tap. I’ve got a few bottles that are 1/2 drained that are sitting in the cellar for extended periods. I want to try them blind side by side with a fresh bottle after 3 months or so to see if we notice a difference.

Larry

that’s what I’ve been saying from the get go. Make the coravin itself cheaper. Get market penetration and just screw people over on capsules. It’s the printer model!

Give 'em the razor…

Does anyone know when version two will come out and how will it be improved?

[welldone.gif] [winner.gif]

Ok
That was hilarious!
champagne.gif

Credulous or not I almost bought the Coravin today, but $75 ground shipping? How heavy is that thing? Thought that it would fit into a flat rate shipper.

They’re charging for ground shipping? It used to be included.

I am thinking 300.00 plus 75.00 sh. is not cheap.

I agree 300 is not cheap. I think they’d sell and make far more money if they sold it at the $199 they initially said they would.

Also in Carlos’ case he is not in the continental United States hence the shipping charge. If you ordered it there wouldn’t be a shipping charge

Bring your wines over Charlie and use my Coravin! I’ve had it for two weeks and have only used it once :frowning:

Charlie, true, but shipping to PR carries no over charge within USPS system. It is the same as shipping to anywhere USA.

I’m having the plastic black top printed using a 3D printer. It just screws on other threaded argon cartridges. Coravin glues it on so that it is hard to remove and reuse.

Where would one obtain a cheaper threaded argon cartidge? I am a jack of all trades and am at the end of my 1st capsule. I would love to perform an experiment and see if this is possible? The Black plastic adapter seems to be secured quite well. Not sure if they put a dab of locktite on it or not. Might be some epoxy. Anyone successfully unscrew this black adapter from a used capsule?

threaded argon cartridges here

http://www.amazon.com/10-pak-ReServe-Cartridges-Wine-Preservation/dp/B001HO1POS

I have removed the black adapter, but hurt it a bit in the process. It is sufficiently intact to reproduce.

The dimensions aren’t listed so I’m not sure this capsule will work with the CV. They cost $5.70 per cartridge vs. $9.50 for the CV product. I’m not sure if saving $3.80 per cartridge ($.25 per glass of wine CV’d) is worth the effort.

Larry

They do work and I only listed those as an example of what is out there. There are cheaper cartridges and larger supplies that can be adapted. If I looked at it as work, I would agree, but I don’t see it that way. Its fun.