Chicagoan's- Rhys tasting??

Craig you’re in with your plus 1

While I can’t make the tasting, let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up for a beer at Hopleaf afterwards.

All- take a look at the wines we have so far- and let me know what you are bringing.

THANKS!!

I did a search through my Rhys inventory on CT yesterday for the most viable options, and here is what is in the running:
2007 Syrah Horseshoe
2009 Syrah Skyline
2011 PN Home
2011 PN Skyline
2009 Chard Alpine
2009 PN Santa Cruz Mountains
2010 PN Family Farm
2009 PN Horseshoe

If anyone has thoughts or preferences on those, let me know. If people are cool with having a Syrah there, I’m leaning towards checking out the 2009 Skyline as one of the bottles I’d bring. I’ll plan on bringing two of those in the list.

Jay, I have some overlap with Craig, but would choose to bring the 2009 Horseshoe Pinot Noir (or in the alternative the 09 Alpine PN or 10 Bearwallow).

Is there a specific time we have a reservation set for? Our sitter needs to know when to come over.

As posted above on 6/12…

2004 Rhys Chardonnay Alpine Vineyard
and
2004 Rhys Pinot Noir Home Vineyard

I think CT is accurate… LOL

Sorry been a bit busy this week- one week to go.

I will be updating the first post with wines. Looking at what we have so far- interest in tasting all of the Bearwallow vintages? I haven’t checked these out yet.

We are on for 7pm at Sun Wah. We have ordered 3 ducks, opinions on whether this is the right amount?

Looking forward to this! Any questions- just post.

As much as I like their full presentation of duck (slices with buns, soup and fried rice) lately the wine dinners I’ve attended at Sun Wah we have been just ordered the whole duck and skipping the soup and rice courses. It’s cheaper (not the issues ) and it gives you a chance to order plenty of other dishes

Mel - thanks

I understand we can order a bunch of stuff off the menu, along with the 3 ducks that have been preordered. Should be around $40 a person all in.

Three ducks? For ten people? Seems like a bit much.

Jay - thanks for organizing.

Count me in for 2008 Alpine PN and 2008 Family Farm PN.

It looks like either CellarTracker or yrs trly has been smoking something…

Change to follow, did not have enough time to get things straightened out at Strongbox.

I have confirmed that my Chardonnay will be the 2008 Alpine, pinot to follow.

I won’t know my wines for sure until Friday when I head to offsite to grab the bottles. It will depend on which ones are relatively easy to access. The '09 Alpine Chard should be accessible, which I think will give us a mini-vertical to check out with that. The other 2 I will look for are the '10 Family Farm PN or the '09 Horseshoe PN, and bring whichever one I find first.

Shall we pop corks before we get to the restaurant? Will Sun Wah care if we do?

I took an open bottle there a few months back that I decanted beforehand. Not sure if they cared, as they had no idea. I’m sure you’re safe.

Shoot me a text if you get a quorum for after-dinner beers. And for those of you attending, feel free to bring any partially consumed bottles to the bar [berserker.gif]

So far looks like we have a nice tasting of all the Bearwallow!!

Looking forward to Friday! Don’t forget to bring stems…

This is shaping up into a fine evening, Jay. Thanks for setting this up. [cheers.gif]

In looking at the list of wines and recognizing others are still finalizing their selections, I would be glad to add a 2009 Alpine PN to the mix to create a vertical there , as well, or we can play Russian Roulette and I can bring a bottle of the 2009 Family Farm and see what shows. Feel free to amend the list to whatever additional bottle you would like for me to bring.

Also, how many stems should one bring per person?

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting everyone Friday night.

Dan