Chicago Pizza is Best -- Suck it NYC

In New Haven I have been to Sally’s and Pepe. Regular clam pie at Pepe’s is great. And prefer the tomato-based pies at Sally’s to the tomato-based pie at Pepe’s.

Spacca di Napoli has been very inconsistent.

Chicago style pizza has no style just lots of cheese OVER the toppings and also square cut – WTF.

Truthfully, I like the NY Style Pizza at Olgivie Station the best for cheap pizza in Chicago.

If you’re talking “Chicago style pizza”, it’s deep dish, which is never cut in squares. There’s no real Chicago style thin crust – it’s just not a thing.

BTW Dan, those pizzas look delicious. The charred crust pushes it over the edge for me.

Yep - the char was perfection! Love it when the toppings pick up just a hint of the char as well (particularly the pepperoni). Just looking at the pics make me want to have pizza for dinner…hmm.

Tsk, tsk. We have to get you out more, young man. Just not to eat it, though.

That’s blasphemy. If someone says they want to get Chicago style pizza, exactly ZERO locals think thin crust.

That is true, but the taverns (particularly on the South Side) have a long history of this nastizza

I suppose it’s a good thing that I don’t haunt these places.

A bit OT, but I heard there is an excellent fried chicken place on the south side called Mini Hut…my goal is to make it there soon.

Best American fried chicken is Evanston Chicken Shack. No shitting.

TripAdvisor is for the hard of tasting.

I’ll remember the next time I have diarrhea.

Damn. Do tell.

this is a thread for people that hate pizza

While I prefer a thin crust, Pequod’s is insane.

The best pizza I every had was from New York Pizza in Napa. The owner offered to sell me the recipe for 10K just before he fled the country. Wished I’d have bought the recipe. The best now is Carrie’s home made. But what do I know. I’ve never eaten pizza in Chicago or New York, but would like to try them.

Um, more info please!

I flew to New Haven for pizza twice when I lived in Colorado, but I never ate at Pepe’s because I was hosted by a Sally’s gang.

Just ate at Lou Malnati’s tonight in Lincoln Park - Had the deep dish sausage. Absolutely freakin’ loved it. And the house salad was killer. I go back and forth between Lou Malnati’s and Pizzeria Uno (downtown) when I am in town.

Had a huge lunch at Del Rio in Highwood today as well, I always have to go on a diet every time I hit this damn town…

Any gems on the Del Rio list?

Lou Malnati’s is my favorite Chicago style pizza. The wait at Uno’s is a deal breaker for me – haven’t been in 20 years.

Thomas, did you get the sausage patty or crumble?