Chicago, May 1st and 2nd - Hackerfest 1

I will be there and will gladly take a taste. I’m planning to bring an '01 JJ Prum – probably the same bottling as the one I brought last year to this dinner.

Just decide what you want to do and I will follow. I have a 2007 Quilceda Creek that is dying to be opened. You want to get together at some random Chicago steakhouse down town? I am a Morton’s VIP because it works well for business and they have to give me a good table - it’s the rule. Isn’t their original flagship in Chicago? Or whatever else you want.

I have no idea about Morton’s corkage, but at this point I’m game for anything/anywhere. The restaurant we picked is pretty far from downtown, but I’d be happy to follow the group’s lead.

We could potentially be in for later tonight, but I have to attend my nephew’s play at Lane Tech, which isn’t over until 9 pm. Also, I have limited wine in Chicago - mostly Spanish as we always go to
www.cafemarbellatapas.com
which I can highly recommend! We are going after the play regardless. They have a nominal corkage fee - $5 the last time I was charged. Though they know me now and haven’t charged me in quite a while.

Still on for Sat night at Sun Wah. Bringing the Bergstrom Chard and Pinot referenced above.

I’m happy to let Scott decide, since he’s done most of the heavy lifting and/or Jay, since he’s the guest of honor.

I’d like to stick with the plan of Chez Simo at 7:00 pm.

I’ve needed to change reservation numbers and venues multiple times as people have dropped out over the last few weeks. I don’t want to cancel on another restaurant.

Mike,

If you can make it at 7:00 great or if you want to swing by later in the evening that is fine. The reservation is for six.

Cool.

Thanks Scott and agree that we want to be respectful to the restaurant.

I have no problem with that.I just thought someone wanted to bail on Chez Simo. I AM NOT THE GUEST OF HONOR.I AM JUST THE INSTIGATOR!

In that case, can we throw breadsticks at you?

Only if you are prepared for them to be fired back!

Consider the gauntlet thrown, Jets Boy!

Think we will only make Sat night. And i wasn’t recommending a change of venue either, but i too thought maybe Fri was falling apart after reading the other comments.

Day 1 is in the books and all I can say to those of you who missed it is . . . quality over quantity. I forgot my cell phone at my hotel so I have no photos. I have to go to the gym now so that I can get ready for tonight.

Just a reminder to bring stems to Sun Wah tonight.

I am in town, as my bud had to cancel my trip due to his child’s flu, and his wife being in China, so if anyone cancels, I am good for tonight, solo.

What’s the head count for tonight?

Jeannine is bagging (she may stop be late). I invited Rob to be my date. I have a few standing for tonight - a 74 Mayacamas cab (which looks a little dodgy- going to try to slow ox this puppy), a 2011 SQN Dark Blossom Grenache, and a 2000 Testarosa Michaud Chardonnay

Have your date wear something that shows off a bit of cleavage.

Meow.

I bring knife too, slice good time.

I got a 1983 Talbot and a 2006 Charvin CNdP.