Chicago, May 1st and 2nd - Hackerfest 1

was not a fan of the pig we had during berserkerfest

I was

I liked what we had when Jay was in town last year.

I would like to mention that this year you will be graced by the presence of the Heritage Auctions First Annual Blind Tasting Challenge New York Division Champion. Please do not choke on your food when you read that.

I need to bow out on Friday - my child-care plan didn’t pan out. Enjoy.

I didn’t choke on my food, but I did spit coffee all over my computer.

Next time, please consider using the spoiler button…like this:
Well done, Jay.

I need to get to work practicing for the grand finale. Bring you wines blind if you want and we can all make fools of ourselves.

Sorry for the late notice but I’m also out for the weekend. We just found out about a big house repair that needs to be done pronto and doesn’t leave much time or money for travel. Have a great time, all!

put me down for 02 St. Innocent Shea. Will see what else

Another one bites the Friday dust - I’m sorry to say that I can’t make it. Very sorry. Hope you guys have a great time!

Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to make it Friday.

Even though I live in TX, I am from Chicago and visit frequently. And I do have a few bottles there. Going to try to make one or both nights. Sorry for the late notice but I will confirm tomorrow (Thur). Looking forward to meeting you all. Mike

Still hoping to make Saturday, but work may cramp my style

I’m out for Saturday, my presence has been requested in Denver for house hunting. have a great time and sorry to cancel at this late date

I have a “potential 100 point” (whatever that means) Aubert 2013 CIX Chardonnay as an “extra” wine, just in case that entices anyone else to come on Saturday.

I am in for Saturday +1. Very interested in the Aubert if it gets opened.

I will bring a 2009 Bergstrom Sigrid Chardonnay and a 2010 Santa Cruz Mountain Vineyard Branciforte Creek Pinot Noir.

Or i could bring a 2009 St. Innocent Temperance Hill Pinot or 2009 Bergstrom Lancelotti Pinot instead.
Any preference? Do I need to bring more than 2 bottles since there will be 2 of us?

2 bottles is fine. Some people like to bring a backup. Of course backups usually wind up getting opened anyway

I’m definitely out for Friday, Saturday is in limbo at this point. Apologies for late notice [cry.gif]

Sorry about the AUbert. The wine here was crap tonight so I opened it for the people here. Really delicious. If you come to NY, I’ll open another one.

Ha! Just glad you enjoyed.

Looks like our original group for tonight has been whittled down so much that we could comfortably sit in the backseat of an Impala.