Chicago, May 16 anyone? OP updated with list of attendees - post wines if you want.

Looks like the crowd is growing. Count me in if there’s still space at the table…or second table champagne.gif

The place is huge. Plenty of room.

I didn’t see a post from anyone saying they would organize/call the restaurant. Did I miss it?

As long as Flickinger’s not doing an insane cellar tasting, I’m down.

So you’re in unless you get a better offer? [berserker.gif]

no such thing as a better offer than me, great wine and Peking duck

Mr Hack- could you update the first post to put names of those that are interested.

Thanks!! And look forward to seeing you.

Sure. Will do later today. Does Sun Wa on Friday night at 6:30 pm sound OK?

2001 JJ Prum Spatlese.

Atta boy.

Room for one more? I may be driving up from Indiana. I might bring 2001 Michel Ganoux,Pommards 1er Grands Epenots , which sounds like it go well with the food or some '05 Clape Cornas though it might be too young?

2005 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese

2005 Gunderloch Nackenheim Rothenberg Beerenauslese

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]

I had the 05 Clape a couple of months ago. It was very good with braised short ribs but yeah, it’s definitely on the young side. IIRC I did a double decant a few hours before dinner.

My wife Patrice will be joining us. Wines tbd but I am leaning towards 2002 Donnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshohle Riesling Spat (750 ml) and 2001 Muller-Catoir Haardter Burgergarten #2133 Spat (750 ml). A red? Perhaps…CdP…domestic Syrah…domestic Pinot…I don’t know ; )

Cheers,
JP

If anyone wants, we can do a mini berserker fest again at my house on saturday the 17th.

That sounds like fun, Jordan!

I know there is some time- but is someone making arrangements with Sun Wah?

I’m out for Sun Wah. My daughter’s spring play, The Diary of Anne Frank, is that weekend.

Sun Wah is Friday. That’s pre-weekend.

By the way - does anyone know anyone there to call to make arrangements. I can always do it cold from NY but someone with connections might be a better choice.

I second Jay’s suggestion. I just made a Chicago hotel reservation, which was hard to do at a good price, owing to guess what…the ABA. It might good if someone could step up to the plate as well and reserve for dinner, as conceivably it also could get crowded. (I live in Indiana and have never been to the place.)

Thanks in advance,
Josh