Cheese..glorious cheese..help me pick

I agree, Mt Tam is too tame for the tariff.

Agreed.

Don’t miss out on the PR Reserve if you like gruyere, Chris. It’s outstanding

Don’t listen to these guys, their palates have been shot by cigars and strong whiskey neener

Red Hawk is a wonderful cheese, but it is quite strong (when ripened properly). It’s the US equivalent of Epoisses, while Mt Tam is more along the lines of a good triple cream.

Wow!!! What a line-up!!!

Vella Dry Jack - think Montasio or a waxy-textured, less salty, mild, younger Parmigiano-Reggiano. The dry-aged cheese’s rind is rubbed with Anchor Chili and Chocolate Powder
download.jpg
Uplands Pleasant Ridge Reserve - I don’t really have words…just a fantastic, dry, world-class Alpine-Style cheese
p-home-page-box-01-pleasant-ridge-reserve.jpg

Rogue Creamery, Mt Tam and Cabot …delish!

I’d give a second, third, etc

Pleasant Ridge Reserve
Vella Jack
Mt Tam
Bayley Hazen Blue is super

Have fun!

As long as we are talking about cheese not on the list - I think there is a nice bit of Taleggio-ness to Redhawk.

You should not miss October 6th. Cabot Clothbound and Jasper Hill Cheddar are two of the best cheddars in the USA.

The rest of those cheeses I can’t really comment in a constructive way because our local cheese makers in Chattanooga and Thomasville GA make the best examples of those cheeses in raw milk I have ever tasted. Sequachie Farms and Sweetgrass Dairy. Departures | The Rise of the Southern Artisanal Cheese Makers

Here are the one I would Load the Boat on

Wednesday, October 5: Point Reyes Farmstead Blue Cheese
Thursday, October 6: Jasper Hill Farm Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
Friday, October 7: Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue
Thursday, October 13: Cypress Grove Chevre Midnight Moon
Saturday, October 15: Uplands Cheese Company Pleasant Ridge Reserve
Tuesday, October 18: Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam
Monday, October 24: Fluffy Bottom Farms Sheep Gouda
Sunday, October 30: Jasper Hill Farm Bayley Hazen Blue
Monday, October 31: Spring Brook Farm Reading Raclette

Pt. Reyes, Jasper Hill, Cypress Grove, Mt. Tam, Cowgirl, Vermont Creamery, and Capriole Farms, Carr Valley. Those are the ones I know and like. I sold some of them when I was in the grocery business.

JD

I love Capriole. Judy makes some awesome cheese. The fresh chevre, however, is the least special to me. I love her Pyramide and her Mont St Francis

And she is a great/neat person, too, one of a kind. I might agree that the fresh chevre isn’t the best cheese she makes but I don’t love chevre so I may not be the best judge. Her Old Kentucky Tomme is likely my favorite.

JD

I am a big fan of the Dry Jack, with the added bonus it will last a bit longer than some of the soft cheeses.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

I love Cabot Clothbound, but it’s Cabot’s second-best cheddar. Try the Cabot Three-Year, and see.

Friday, October 7: Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue
Thursday, October 20: Vermont Creamery Coupole

Rogue is supposed to be making some epic blue cheeses, been reading a lot about them.
Similar comment about Vermont (except the blue part), they are on my super short list of cheeses to buy once the weather gets cooler.

I will do it.
D

Second, on the Pyramide,also the Cannonball, not such a big fan of the Tomme. Down here in IN, we get them all, and the fresh chevre, when genuinely fresh I think is very good, though not great–a touch salty, but haven’t had better one stateside.

Any from the first three named are of course outstanding.

+1

When the Clothbound was first released it was much better. It’s still quite good but not as good as it was.