Cayuse on deck; 09/03/2014

I dropped the Camaspelo last year. Sticking mostly to the syrahs.

Can someone tell me, honestly, is the Frog really that big of a deal? I wish list it every year because, well that’s what one does. But I’ve never even had it…

yeah right…

Usually offered what you purchased the year before, but not always. Production level seems to be a factor as well. I had the Edith granted three years ago, but havent been offered since. Last year, my WL add was the Viognier, but again, it doesnt seem to appear every year so I don’t know if Ill see that in Sept either… That’s two more years of wishing down, plus the camaspello and Lovers, niether of which Ive cared for making for a total of 4 years lost wishing…

Ive finally realized the wish for everything, hope for the best isnt really a great strategy unless you want to try all of their wines and gain some familiarity. This is the year I buy the one wine I consistently like (GOK) and cut everything from my WL except the Frog. I wouldve bought any of the other Syrahs, the Pig and Impulsivo, but was never offered. After years of waiting, followed by years of slow adds of wines I didnt really want, interest has wanned.

I am excited about Christophe’s work in Syrah though - Im super excited to try Horsepower and Reynvaan this fall.

Yep, went on the waiting list in 2009. Still nothing doing. Get my polite letter of no wine for you every year.

Why do you feel the need to say that ?

Why do people who don’t know me feel its OK to be so insulting ?

Why do u feel its OK to be so insulting ? what have I done to you to make it Ok for you to call me a liar and scam artist ? you don’t know me at all.

I hate the fact that people feel its OK to attack my character when I have done absolutely nothing to deserve it. I am making a genuine offer and I get it thrown back in my face by someone like you.

My “yeah right” was aimed at the possibility of someone parting with the BF, but who knows, not access to the wine. Guess it didn’t sound that way, apologies.

Why do you feel the need to say that ?

Why do people who don’t know me feel its OK to be so insulting ?[/quote]

My “yeah right” was aimed at the possibility of someone parting with the BF, but who knows, not access to the wine. Guess it didn’t sound that way, apologies.[/quote][/quote]

LOL, no worries. I know that everyone would want the Frog, me included

I signed up 4 years ago and haven’t been added yet (but did get Horsepower, Grenache). When signing up I specified that I’d be interested in buying everything except syrahs so who knows if I’ll ever get added.

Order in. Cailloux, Frog, Lovers. Lovers was probably the only one I waffled a bit on, but will go one more year with it and see…

I don’t know, I waited for years, then once added, my wishlist adds each year were everything but the Syrahs.

I noticed there was no Mag this year - I thought Jay’s final review at the WA (or maybe it was Jeb’s first review) indicated a Walla Walla Special #5 right behind the #4?

Put my order in for the GOK and Vigonier again since I haven’t had a chance to taste it yet. Never was offered any Syrah in my time with them. I dropped everything else allocated, and from the wishlist except the Frog. Maybe my day will come up eventually on that one.

Did anyone get their first offer this time around??

Curious what first-time offers look like at this point.

This is my 2nd offer and it was the exact same as last year; 3 pack of the Armada.

3 years running, just 1 3pk of Cailloux… passing.

Did you request more?
They don’t automatically allocate you more wine, you have to wish list it and then it’s your allocation for the next year…

Five years in, five wines allocated.

For those more experienced with Cayuse, are there any particular wines that consistently impress you enough to recommend as must haves? That is, that I should definitely keep buying/wishlisting. I can’t afford to spend much more on any single producer. (first-world problem, I know) Thanks.

This is my 3rd year in a row with Gog Only knows and Armada. I’ve been wish listing everything but en cerise and cailloux, but have yet to be offered anything else since the Armada add with the 2010 vintage

2nd year. Last year En Chamberlin. This year En Cerise. Next year En Nui? [wow.gif]

Camaspelo, Cailloux, Frog, Edith and Impulsivo here. When I looked on my handheld I originally thought I got Flying Pig too, but that was just last year’s WL carried over!

Been on the list 7 years and allocations have increased via wishlist. I do get Frog but never have gotten Edith.