Brief Burgundy meals report

I liked ton tons, food is a bit on the simpler side but very good. Don’t go for the service, go for the food, cool atmosphere and good wine list. We drank a bottle of 05 Allemand Reynard for less than €100 when we were there.

They also had some recent vintages of selosse in the €225-€250 range, 99, 02 and 03 I believe. Eclectic list, natural wines and others like it.

Charlie, I don’t usually recommend a place I haven’t eaten at myself but so many people I know including winemakers have spoken so highly of it that I feel OK mentioning it. It is fairly new on Place Carnot called Le Carmin. Otherwise I would recommend Le Bistrot de l’Hotel. Very good wine list and great food. No bargains on the wine list though.

if you want cheap coche and a very good meal in a nice setting, the bistro at levernois.

Fine ideas gents! I will go with one of those!

Paul, any bargains in Le Carmin wine list?

JT, I don’t know. Like I said I have not eaten there. Recommending based on everything I heard about it. I had already pretty much booked the restaurants I wanted to go to on my last trip. This is on the list for next trip, hopefully next year.

quick update. went to caveau des arches for dinner, it was across the street from our hotel. Decent food, well priced. Wife really wanted to try beef bourguignon somewhere and it was a pretty tasty rendition. I went for the coche perrieres but all their coche ran out about two months ago. they are waiting for their 2013 to come in. Had to settle for an incredible bottle of 2012 roulot perrieres. Yum.

Charlie - glad to hear you had a good experience there. I liked the food there and the wine list is great. I think we got unlucky with our waiter who was a jerk. Also, the temperature in the dining room was on the high side of comfortable. I think on the next trip I will try lunch there instead. Great Instagram pictures of your trip along the way. Dujac must have been awesome with Jeremy.

Cheers