Boston Metro West OL Thursday 5/14

Would love to join! Please put me on the waiting list. Thanks.

Picked up a 2012 Domaine Coillot Bourgogne on recommendation of a trusted wine merchant, looking forward to next week :slight_smile:

Will do.

\

1. Karl Wee

I do, finally. Becky and I will bring these, keeping with the theme.

2009 Ferghettina Franciacorta Milledi
2007 Belle Pente Estate Reserve Pinot Noir
2007 Pierre Gimonnet Cuvee Paradoxe

The Franciacorta is kind of a wild card as we haven’t tried it. The others are wines we’ve had several times and love.

2012 Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs Côte de Val Vilaine (disg 4/14)

Just curious, where do you guys tend to shop for wine in the Boston area?

Marty’s, Gordon’s, Berman’s, Brookline, Central Bottle, Costco

Decided to up my game. I’m bringing 2010 Domaine Bernard Moreau et Fils Volnay-Clos de Chenes.

I’ll head down to the cellar to see what I can bring. Love the RE but it’s tough to get there from Central Mass during rush hour. Natick is easier! Doubly hard now that I have calling hours to attend that start at 4 in Holden. I’ll do my best. I hope there’s still soft shell crab left when I get there!

We will make sure to save you some

Royal East hs order us a good bit of freas SS crab and a couple of racks of lamb.

We will have 15 in attendence so the pours will be small bring your appetite and wine glasses.

Still at 6:30 right?

Correct but lets drag ass a little to give Carrie more time.

Awww thanks Ron! Will try to get there as soon as possible.

I just pulled this nugget out of the cellar and will bring to the tasting tonite: 2004 Archery Summit Dundee Hills Red Hills Estate.

Thanks for setting this up Ron!

When’s the next one?

Ron . . . Thanks for setting up a fantastic offline. It was great meeting everyone in-person for the first time and I’ll look forward to future offlining

Highlights of the night for me food-wise were the soft-shell crabs and the mushrooms in that mesmerizing sauce!

The Wine line-up for everyone’s reference is below - 22 wines were on the table throughout the night! I think I captured everything, but please feel free to correct / add-to as needed.

2007 Pierre Gimonnet et Fils Cuvee Paradoxe Champagne
Barnaut Grand Cru Grande Reserve Champagne
2009 Ferghettina Franciacorta Milledi Brut
Chartogne-Taillet Sainte Anne Brut
2012 Cedric Bouchard Roses de Jeanne Blanc de Noirs Cote de Val Vilaine Champagne
Chartogne-Taillet Sainte Anne Brut
1998 Vieux Telegraphe La Crau Chateauneuf du Pape
2010 Saint Cosme Condrieu
1993 Royal Takaji Aszu Essencia
2003 d’Arenberg McLaren Vale Vintage Declared Shiraz Port
2012 Bouchard Pere & Fils Reserve Bourgogne
2008 Turley Juvenile Zinfandel
1999 Clos de la Roche Grand Cru (Magnien Michel)
2011 St. Innocent Momtazi Vineyard Pinot
2005 Louis Jadot Pommard Clos de la Commaraine
2007 Belle Pente Estate Reserve
2008 Ken Wright Abbott Claim Vineyard
2010 Bernard Moreau et Fils Clos des Chenes Volnay Premier Cru
1999 Domaine de L’Arlot Clos de L’Arlot Nuits St. Georges
2004 Archery Summit Red Hills Estate
2008 Kosta Browne Keefer Ranch
2002 Laboure-Roi Charmes Chambertin Grand Cru

Nice meeting you guys as well.

The restaurant does a great job but I did goof not ordering their roast duck which is out of sight, next time.

Hell of a line-up and not a clunker among them. It will be months before Michael M posts his stellar notes; can’t wait.

Ron, thanks for organizing the tasting and directing the flow of food coming out of the kitchen. It was my first time at Royal East, and I look forward to a return soon!

Great to meet so many new faces last night. Of the 14 other attendees, there were 7 I had never had the pleasure to have met in the past. That was cool, and I look forward to making more lasting friendships through this introduction.

Kevin, your list matches mine in terms of the scope of wines poured. Thanks to everyone for such a fine selection. It was fun!

See you soon,
Michael

Thanks for a great time, everyone!

The Tokaji was tremendous.