Boston Metro West OL Thursday 5/14

Room for more.

I will pick out what to bring this weekend.

Lets go with Bubbly and PN.

If you think you have something else that will enhance the meal feel free to bring it.

BTW bring cash <$50 and some wine glasse as theirs are meh.

You should arrive around 6:30

I’ll bring a Champagne. 1.3% of my cellar is Pinot Noir (not counting Champagne), 8.4% is Champagne, so it’s easier to find!

I just found a bottle of an old burg (that might be too old), '92 Vosne Romanee aux Reignots and probably something else

Do you still know the chef at RE Ron? I know the owners changed a while back.

I’m excited…I’ve been in Boston since Jan 5th and haven’t BYOBed once. I went back to Philly for 6 days last week, and BYOBed twice (actually, one of those was in NJ)! champagne.gif

[quote=“K_F_o_l_e_y”]Do you still know the chef at RE Ron? I know the owners changed a while back.

I’m excited…I’ve been in Boston since Jan 5th and haven’t BYOBed once. I went back to Philly for 6 days last week, and BYOBed twice (actually, one of those was in NJ)! champagne.gif[/quote

I do know the new owners and added a Malaysian element to their offerings.

Otto left to run his other restaurant on the North Shore

Hi, Brian. One bottle per person is fine. I’m looking forward to meeting you. It’s always nice to see a new face at one of these events.

Ron, I am pretty sure Becky will also be joining us. I’ll let you know soon if that isn’t the case.

Thanks, I hope so.

Post #5 contains the list of attendee’

I really wish I could join everyone…I miss these…they’re always fun.

We will miss you

I’ll bring a Pinot - either a youngish CA-Pinot (Marcassin; Rhys; Rochioli - in that realm) or a 2002 Burg

Also, a friend of mine -Colin- will also be coming

Wait list now open

Anyone else have an idea what they are bringing?

I’m going to have to get something from the store

Is it off the menu or are they going to do something special Ron?

Both, do you have a special request.

Their duck is excellent. I will see about ordering some soft shell crab and some lamb chops IF they came down in price. Beef with black pepper is out of sight and are their veggie dishes. Anyone want frogs legs?

Ron, will you please request the soft shell crab? I know they run out sometimes, but I’m hoping we can get it with your advance notice. I absolutely love the way they do it.

Will do for sure.