Boston MA -- Kevin is back

Ron, I always loved H near Kendall Square, and we did quite a few BYOB dinners there back in the day. Is it still good and do they still let you BYOB?

Noted. My friend Kevin is trying to drum up a sqn offline sometime in the future. I assume everyone here has seen it, so not all are fans of sqn?

Food is still good enough. $5 corkage, best to bring own stems
Biggest issue is no reservations, but I wonder if they would make an exception for a large go especially if not weekend

There is a certain Italian place in Brookline where TB12 likes the Bolognese that I think would be accommodating

A very good place we have used quite a bit is
http://www.cafemangal.com/

Mangal in Wellesley, great lamb chops and many Turkish dishes.

They have no alcohol license but charge $7pb

I’ve never tried any. It isn’t a style that generally appeals to me, so I’m not eager to pay what it costs for a bottle or two and attend an offline of entirely their wines. I’m surprised there isn’t more interest, but it can be strangely difficult to get an offline together around here.

I’d say fruit bombs are not my style either, but SQN’s are completely unique. I’ve never tasted anything with such an intensity and breath of flavor, but still balanced. I only own a few, but PaulF in Philly used to generously bring them to our offlines.

Thanks for the input, Kevin. Matt Latuchie also spoke highly of one a while back, and it’s almost an understatement to say his preferences lean toward the Old World. I am intrigued, but I’m not yet ready to pay the price of admission.

I have had tasted SQN’s but own none.