Boston MA -- Kevin is back

New to this forum, but also interested in future Boston-area offlines.

Live in Arlington and look forward to opening up some bottles with you all in the near future

Send me a PM with your contact information.

email sent

Got it

So what’s the plan Ron? champagne.gif

Do you mean you haven’t been there recently, or you don’t think it’s good? I have always enjoyed my meals there, but I haven’t been in over a year, maybe more like two. Their food is nice and wine-friendly, too.

I’ve heard Ron is so comfortable in his new digs, he’s declared his bathroom a BYOB

We are presently in PV Mexico and be back 10 days. We will try to get something going for May?

Sounds good!

If you all want to break some laws, I can inquire about getting a private room at a place TBD?? they are fine with BYOB, $25 corkage.

You do know that Troquet is but a few blocks away and that trumps Flemings any day

Let’s do something…F or T is fine with me.

Deleted

Eric, I had second thoughts about my post and edited it. Please consider doing the same to your original post as I’ve done to it here.

It doesn’t look like your edit took Ron.

Is what I’ve done, what you’re looking for? I didn’t think it would be that big of a deal…is that event at T a secret??

I have not been there recently and think the food is just OK are you judging their vegetarian offerings? [stirthepothal.gif]

Kevin, my edits do seem to have took

No, I’m still seeing: “You do know that T[ed] is but a few blocks away and that trumps F[ed] any day” in your post below.

Eric, the general rule of thumb in Boston/MA is not to refer to places that let us BYOB directly by name, since it is illegal almost everywhere. Personally, I’ve never heard of anyone getting into trouble, but places like T have always been very good to us and it is best not to risk any problems with regulators.

Haha, your omnivorous standard might be higher than mine, Ron. To be fair, the last time I went I was with a couple of meat eaters who also enjoyed their meals. I’m not saying it’s great, but I think good is fair. We’ve got plenty of other options since it isn’t for you, though.

I always liked Sweet Basil in the old days. But frankly my standards went up a lot after moving to Philly (fell in with a bad crowd). I’m a little nervous about trying some of my old favs in Boston now that I’m back; maybe they won’t impress me as much? But there’s lots of great new place in Boston that have sprung up in the past 5 years too (just went to newly opened Loyal Nine, which was fascinating).