Best soy sauce I've ever had

Marukin makes a fresh pressed and unpasteurized (Shiboritate Nama). This is it, but it should only be about $10 locally: hthttp://amzn.com/B0051IZLDM

Like this but I am more likely to use it on eggs as a finish or fish where it is wonderful.

amazon has/had the big bottle (24 oz) of Kishibori Shoyu same day delivery yesterday. truly amazing with take out rolls from mishima.

just to make sure, we tasted against whatever soy sauce came with the takeout and it tasted like water in comparison to the Kishibori Shoyu.

the aroma is like a funky sourdough/beer. amazing stuff.

This one? Amazon.com

yep. this seems like the half bottle. i wanted it asap, so looked for same day and found the 24 oz bottle.

They do seem like entirely different products.

sushi is an obvious use that somehow hadn’t occurred to me.

looking forward to throwing some on some grilled pork chops tonight…

i don’t do much sushi at home; though I cold smoke salmon.

Thanks Yaacov. Ordered a case.

you the man! A case! I’m not a player, just a bottle.

Was really looking forward to this…with some Trader Joe’s porkchops (really like their pork; not sure why)…sauteed up in the trusty deBuyer pan. Splashed some on after cooking and it added a really nice extra dimension to the pork, keeping it still simple and pure (with the Sottimano 2010 barbera). I also steamed some kale…and splashed some on to it…as i purposefully left it bland…it added just enough to make it interesting, which was nice.

So…thanks for the heads up on something new…and missing. I’ve long been looking for something that can turn a simple dish into something more complex and pleasing without lots of effort. And, I’ve always liked soy sauce, though the intensity of this is in a another league.

I bet it would add to a nice salad dressing, too…Any ideas?

those bottles look to be 250ml? if so, ship me one and i’ll ship you 250ml of the Kishibori??

Stuart - glad you enjoyed it!

I heard of someone doing a ginger-soy-lime dressing once but I’ve never tried it.

A good easy dish that’s common in isakayas in Japan is raw tuna and avocado. Slice both into cubes and make dressing with high quality soy, ginger juice (just press the raw ginger yourself), good sesame oil, touch of mirin if you like a little sweetness. Mix with chopped scallion and let sit 10 minutes. Top with furikake if you have some, or anything a bit crunchy (toasted rice crispies will even work). It’s a favorite, very healthy light meal (often breakfast!) in our house.

Will do. I’l let you know.

Damn not trying to be, only though there was a case option. Anyway i’gonna eat like an Emperor !

So while searching for that, I found this:

Wholly Ganjang, Premium Gluten-free Unpasteurized Artisanal Korean Soy Sauce
Link: http://amzn.com/B00L9X4TRW

and I’m happy to report, it’s really, really good.

made a bueurre monte with coriander and some fennel seeds for poaching morels. added barely a 1/4 tsp of the Kishibori and wow - it brought a level of depth and complexity that was stunning. no apparent soy sauce flavor in the final product, just an intensity that highlighted the other ingredients.

Although these names are starting to confuse me (particularly since the writing on the bottle is not in English), last Friday I sauteed a swordfish “chop” for our recent college grad and baked some cod in butter and limejuice. Adding some sufficiently diluted (by the fish juices) at the table added a really nice dimension to both of them, more so to the cod fillets.

I plan to try the “salad dressing” Sarah suggested…tonight with some pork chops.

This thread is an eyeopener…and I look forward to taking the sauce to Maine for a workout with their ocean bounty this summer.