Berserker's Favorites - VOTE - Burgundy Cote de Nuits Red

Rousseau - just the best red burgs I’ve ever had
Bertheau - love me some CM and love the elegant style
Mugneret-Gibourg - holy cow the VR is a amazing wine for the village designation
Jadot - nice range, good value
Hudelot-Noellat - yum, can’t recall having a bad one

Not considering price ?

DRC
Rousseau
Roumier
Mugnier
D’Angerville

D’angerville for Nuits???

Choosing wines I can actually (sort of) afford – i.e., favorites that I can buy, not the best. The caveat is that I buy 3x as much Cote de Beaune as I do Nuits.

1. Faiveley - Love old Faiveley and love new Faiveley even more. So many great crus: Beze, Latricieres, Cazetiers, Combe d’Orveau, Combe aux Moines, LSG, etc.

2. Jadot - Best value in Burgundy, ages effortlessly, and superb diversity of offerings. Even better if you include Cote de Beaune. Love the Beze, and the Boudots is a pet favorite.

3. Clavelier - Beautiful wines from some of my favorite 1ers that, somehow, have stayed fairly reasonably priced.

4. Chevillon - So consistent. So delicious.

5. Hudelot-Noellat - Killer wines, but I’m close to getting priced out. The Suchots and Beaumonts are in my wheelhouse.

If I won the lottery, my list would be: Dujac, Rousseau, Mugneret-Gibourg, Roumier, and Cathiard (I’ve not had enough DRC to merit inclusion – I hope to fix that problem)

Rousseau - benchmark for Gevrey and Burgundy in general
Dujac -benchmark for MSD
Chevillon - benchmark for NSG and affordable
Faiveley - like the new version
Odoul Coquard- smitten by this new very affordable producer

Duh.

Ok sub in Comte Liger Belair.

DRC - pinnacle…if I were rich, I’d drink everyday!
Leroy- similar to DRC…
Bertheau - classic old school pretty woman.
Hudelot Noellet- just love everything they do…from Bourgogne to Richie!
Drouhin - go to producer…simple sippers to OMG is this Heaven GC! Price reflects this though…so I need to be rich like the DRC/Leroy!
:frowning:

1. Jadot…great breadth of wines. Big fan of CSJ, Bonnes Mares, and the Beaune wines.
  2. DRC…can’t afford to drink many, but 3-5 of my greatest Burgundy experiences are DRC.
  3. Mortet…have always had a soft spot since meeting Denis and then his son Arnaud.
  4. Hudellot Noellat…great values in the Premier Crus.
  5. Perrot-Minot…great depth of vineyards…really like newer style, especially Beze & Ultras.

1945 ponsot clos st denis

My holdings are pretty low end within these producers, but FWIW:

Dujac: Super wines at Village level and I like the style. Wish I could buy higher up.
Bertheau: Lovely, light aromatic wines.
Chevillon: About as sure a thing as you can get.
Gerard Mugneret: Smitten by an 85 NSG, I started chasing these.
Hudelot Noellat: Crowd pleaser. Tasty and elegant.

Jadot - Great ambassadors for the region also happen to make tons of great wine, and good wines at all price levels.

Dujac - Elegant, but bold style is a cut above.

Chevillon - Reliable, with striking quality and complexity. Fairly affordable too.

Hudelot Noellat - Really nice wines, balanced portfolio, with good to great holdings at all levels. Affordable and good villages wines, 1ers (Suchots, Murgers, etc.), and those GC’s.

Faiveley - Jadot light, the new Faiveley seems headed in a good direction, with plenty of quality and top bottlings.

Consistently the best, year in year out, where the Domaine has several great wines, from what I taste from the Cote de Nuits and in no particular order:

DRC
Rousseau
Dujac
Comte de Vogue
Domaine Leroy
Comte Liger-Belair
G.Roumier

If they had more or better Grand Crus or some Grand Crus I’d include:
Cecile Tremblay
Ghislaine Barthod

I really like but I don’t drink enough of:
Ponsot
Emmanuel Rouget
Meo-Camuzet

1. Rousseau - but, I’m not buying much anymore. Just a few but have a decent supply of older vintages to drink
2. DRC - still remembering the 99 La Tache - can’t afford to buy this producer anymore
3.Mugnier - stopped buying but I still own quite a few
4. Chevillon - Best Burgs I’ve had for the money - still a good value too
5. J & L Trappet - Wish I had bought more of their wines sooner

Bertheau getting lots of love here! It’s one of the wines I generally buy a few cases of but don’t talk about on BB’s. Some others are bzzzt, buzz, transmission disrupted.

Hmm.

1. DRC. Sorry, the terroir lives up to the hype.
  2. Rene Engel - gone, not forgotten.
  3. Rene Leclerc - Surprised how much wine I had! Last affordable Griottes!
  4. Perrot-Minot - Total hateration on the board, mainly driven by untasted wines.
  5. joseph Drouhin - my red wine Negoce!

Glad to see the Trapet love. Currently lack access there and Mugneret-Gibourg - both deserve a place high in the rankings.

Boring but steady

DRC
Comte Liger Belair
Rousseau
Le Moine
Faiveley .

DRC
Rousseau
Cathiard
Fourrier
Chevillon

Hmmm…on wine-searcher the premier crus are $250-300 and up, the grand crus two to three times that and more. If we were talking about Thibault L-B, it would make sense.

This is based on the ones I buy and ranked in order

Faiveley- only experienced since the style change and love them
Berthau- love the CM’s
Le Moine- great experience with a few older bottles
Jadot- great value in top holdings
Alain Burguet- good value