Berserkerfest Day 2 - White Plains May 29 - Now with Menu! Please sign up so I know how much food.

Bring whatever you want, BUT make sure it will go with smoked brisket. I smoked the first brisket last night after two days absorbing the rub and it seems to be the best one I have ever done. I have slathered it with caramelized onions I made last night and Pipian mole I made and froze a while ago and then wrapped it in the refrigerator where will now develop a close emotional relationship with the flavors from the onions, pumpkin seeds, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, chocolate, a wee bit of cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace and other good things in the mole. Tonight is smoked whole pork butts (two of them).

I think I will open a mag of the original Curmudgeon Cuvee.

Hmm…we’re light on Syrah, maybe I should bring a Syrah of sorts? Once you put mole up in there, we need some bigger wines

I just (hopefully) secured a magnum of 2000 Lopez de Heredia Tondonia Reserva for this if I can make it.

Janice is going to dinner tonight with friends. Hint Hint. flirtysmile

Jay, I will be in attendance, probably after 2pm, Cannot go wrong with a Bordeaux…can I?

I will look and get back to you, deal?

My friend Robert Kish may attend. I’ll let you know by Saturday

I am not eating them tonight, I am just smoking them. Then we spice them, wrap them, let the flavors meld together, and then we heat them to melt out the fat on Sunday, when you will have plenty to eat.

Jay–don’t be cruel–he’s hungry now :wink:

Jay–don’t be cruel–he’s hungry now :wink:

Hungry, but not that hungry. It’s traif. [wink.gif]

I screwed up the quotes, but you get the idea.

Looks like I’m travelling solo.
Good opportunity to stop at International Wine in Westport for a couple of things I want.

Is your hair coming with you?

Jay, ok - can’t resist any longer. Allen and I are going to come on Sunday as well so add us to the list. We’ll bring a chardonnay (for me and Janice [dance2.gif] ) and a red that makes sense for brisket. Will look at what we’ve got tomorrow night and see what makes sense. Maybe a Côtes du Rhône?

Not to worry about the mole. It’s not hot and it’s mixed with the caramelized onion so it’s sweet. I think the pinot will be better with the pulled pork. Cabernet, Nebbiolo, Chateauneuf, Rioja, Bordeaux should all work. Syrah and GSM with the lamb. Or not. Whatever you like.

All that I have will be with me.

Count me in. How can I resist the chance to poke fun at Jay and watch Brad “walk” on water?

That’s really not fair. Sob! I will taste in spirit. Make the right choice and make it again and bring it with you in July, Jay!

Mike

Current menu:

6 pounds lemon lime cured gravlax with sour cream and dill sauce

Mushroom and Scape risotto with garden fresh White Plains baby garlic

Hurricane Sandy Naturally Felled Oak pulled smoked pork butt with choice of Carolina mustard cabbage onion and green pepper slaw or Deep South mayo based cabbage and carrot slaw, on a challah roll with choice of vinegar mustard brown sugar BBQ sauce or tomato molasses Worcestershire BBQ sauce

Hurricane Sandy Naturally Felled Cherry Smoked Brisket with Pipian Rojo mole and caramelized Spanish onions.

Fresh ground Mediterranean lamb sliders with fresh pressed ginger juice, crushed roast garlic, cinnamon, clove, cayenne, cardamom and turmeric on Rockland Bakery rolls with dried Greek yogurt, dill and cucumber Tatziki sauce.

Hurricane Sandy Naturally Felled is the ONLY cherry I would allow you to smoke with.

I believe they sell that specific cherry wood ONLY at Fairway.

Well that blows, with it being bankrupt and all…