Bay Area Maison Ilan 2011 Tasting

Need to double check with the better half…she has been traveling and then I am out the 17th thru 20th…then we have the offline at Martins West on the 23rd. Let me see if I can pull something together for next Wed 11th.

I am in for the 11th, with my huge bag of constraints. I have no Ilan, but have a bit of most other things. Lots of Cab to go great with that Fondue flirtysmile ! If this is seriously coming together, I’ll look back at wine suggestions mentioned above.

The 11th might work for me if I can get to my MI wine. Merrill if I can, I’ll bring one for you so you can represent. Sound good?

I have the nicest friends. Whatever Andrew wants to do.

Zut. I can’t do 2/11. I have a friend’s birthday celebration that day.

May I suggest to those participating that, because of the negative bias run rampant, you have these wines blind, along with similar wines of similar vintage and vineyard, to try and get as unbiased a comparison as possible. Do you think that’s doable?

That’s more or less the plan, though we haven’t discussed the specifics of the non-MI wines. There are some notes on the format in the first post.

If you expect me to read stuff, you expect too much, apparently [pwn.gif]

Looks great, and many of us are anxious to read the results!! You want to use the WB Ustream account and stream it live? Might be interesting!

The 11th would work for me. Currently have 6 bottlings to choose from. Could bring the Feusselottes, as most won’t have that.

Yeah… um… no.

11th is out. Other candidates?

Yeah… don’t want to miss out on your own tasting neener

I’m out on the east coast next week. Available the week of the 16th. Week after that is already booked for Martins West, and Paulee. First week in March works.

The week of the 16th won’t work for me. First week of March is looking prime.

Geez.
Nailing down a date is like trying to confirm shipping of …

…oh never mind…

We’re trying to let the terroir speak for itself.

Geez, we will be finished with the Rhys offline before you guys get this thing nailed down. neener

To run concurrently with the fondue night (and I am making the assumption that Fri/Sat nights are out), we can host the 11th or 12th but this seems to present a problem for a few. After that we could do Tues the 17th.

After that we are into March as we have the Martins West offline on the 23rd. Another option is to forget the fondue and we can host just the M-I tasting.

To run concurrently with the fondue night (and I am making the assumption that Fri/Sat nights are out), we can host the 11th or 12th but this seems to present a problem for a few. After that we could do Tues the 17th.

After that we are into March as we have the Martins West offline on the 23rd. Another option is to forget the fondue and we can host just the M-I tasting.

The 17th looks like it would work for me.

11th & 12th are definitely no gos.