Avert: West Hartford Ct Sat Dec 10th

That was a lot of fun last night.
Great wines and food paired well with a great group of people!
The Solstice, opened just as we finished the Grand Dame, was seriously overshadowed, but given time it stood well on its own.
The Montrachet was excellent. Chardonnay isn’t my favorite white wine but I enjoyed this.
The California and St Emilion wines were like variations on a theme. My favorite was the Peby Faugeres.
The Barolo was mature and full of complexity. Very nice.
In addition to the wines listed above we also enjoyed a nice bottle of 2000? Beaucastel CdP right before moving on to dessert.
The Tokaji was excellent with both desserts - Crème Brulee and Chocolate Pot de Crème. :slight_smile:

In conversation we discovered many things in common with our table mates. I learned something interesting about Foley history in Ireland from Kevin.
My wife used to work with a cousin of Andrea S., whose husband had been a co-worker of mine at a past job.
Small world indeed.

It was great to meet everyone.

Nice mixture of wines and people.

Good to have opportunity to try some outstanding wines - Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Really enjoyable meal, wines and companionship. Well worth the drive down from Boston for.

I also highly recommend “A Christmas Carol” at the Harford Stage. The most unique version I have ever seen presented, with excellent stagecraft and humor.

I also had a great time. I was thrilled to see a good turnout and I enjoyed all of the wines. It was great to meet some new folks and see a few old faces. I think my contenders for wotn were either the Dominus or the Abreu, but imho the Grande Dame wasn’t far behind. The Peby Faugeres also showed beautifully and I wish I had more than just one more btl.

If any of you would like to be added to the Boston-area byob offline email list, please send me a private message with your email address. Some, although perhaps not all events will be also announced on WineBerserkers.