Avert: West Hartford Ct Sat Dec 10th

I will step up with a 2003 Abreu Thorevilos last time I tried one was quite memorable.

Nice. I’ll offer something more old-school:

1997 Dominus Estate

How are the glasses at a’VERT? Should we bring our own?

I think they are pretty good but will check with them

How are the glasses at a’VERT? Should we bring our own?[/quote]

They have a $40 3 course and a $50 4 course tasting menu I prefer the 4 course it gives choices at each course if you guys want to pm me your email I can forward them to you

Is 6:30 start time ok with everyone ? I have us stenciled in for 8 people but can change time depending on the groups wishes. I also told them we would go with the 4 course tasting menu. I will double check about wine glasses when the manager is back on Tuesday.

Sounds good here.

I considered bringing a 2007 California Bordeaux blend since that’s the best choice from my cellar,
and it would have fit in well if we were going with that theme.
I have access to a bottle of 2005 Chateau Bellevue which I thought might be a nice counterpoint to the Cabernets.
But in conversation with Jonathan, he suggested I bring the champagne, so I plan to bring a bottle of 2004 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame, and a nice bottle of 2015 California Sauvignon Blanc in case we need more white wine. (my wife isn’t a fan of tannic red wines).

Great thanks Chris looking forward to it as I have never had the Grande Dame betore :slight_smile:

I ate at Avert the other day and glasses were decent sized and although not reidels seemed pretty good.

Looks like there will be 6 of us I will add a 2000 Peby Faugeres to the mix to make sure we have a nice variety of reds Jay is bringing a nice Barolo I believe

I am able to commit now.

Will be myself plus my wife

Please confirm this works

Thanks for organizing

May bring a Tor beckstoffer To Kalon or an Outpost True Vineyard. Could also try one of Tom Seavers cabs (GTS) or a Continuum Novicium. The Continuum is a baby, but was an excellent Cab Franc blend we tried when at the Vineyard in September.

Will need to give this some more thought.

Chris
You are in we are now up to 8 people again. In my opinion an ideal number for an offline still decent sized pours. :wink:

After talking with Mary (my wife), I’m bringing a 2012 Merryvale Solstice as my second bottle.
She said champagne is all she needs.

Still finalizing my choices.

My french reds are more limited and not up to the caliber of some my other choices.

For reds - leaning towards either:

2010 TOR Kenward Family Wines Cabernet Sauvignon Anniversary Cuvée Beckstoffer To-Kalon Vineyard
or
2012 Outpost Immigrant True Vineyard (Bordeau blend - fairly equal parts Cab Sauv, Cab franc, Merlot)

Any preferences from the group between those two? The Outpost immigrant may give us some more variety from some of the other big Napa cabs - but either should be a nice wine.

Will add a second bottle - so we have a white Burgundy in addition to all the reds and sparkling.

2011 Fernand & Laurent Pillot Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers

Is anyone bringing a dessert wine? If not, I can bring something.

6:30 is good for me.

BTW, my +1 doesn’t drink (might take a sip or two from my glass), so more for the rest of us. We are going to a show at Hartford Stage in the afternoon before dinner.

In addition, I’ll bring the following dessert wine:

1993 Chateau Megyer Tokaji Aszú 5 Puttonyos (500mL)

Also, switched up my +1, and she does drink lol.

For my wines, I will bring:

2012 Outpost Immigrant True Vineyard
2011 Fernand & Laurent Pillot Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers

That should give us a good mix with the other wines.
Haven’t tried the Immigrant yet, but they make some nice wines from the True Vineyard on Howell Mountain. It gets great reviews and should be drinking well with a little air time.

Looking forward to the event!

+1 :slight_smile:

See everyone at 6:30 tomorrow night !