AOC Imports?

Wow, yeah I received the e-mail today and since I’m only vaguely familiar with Kyle Smith’s name I couldn’t tell if it was a business or personal e-mail. Annoying, but pulling for the WHWC family all the same.

Hey Nick, your 2009 is still with them?

If anyone has 2009s outstanding, please let me know via PM as I believed that these orders were near to complete (those having not been delivered were to be held per the client’s request).

Fwiw, AOC Imports handled the US private client importing for 2009, however Polaner/CrushNYC are handling 2010 and beyond. No idea what is going on with the emails, but it could be fair to let them respond. Posting someone’s address of their private residence online…?

I didn’t get either email. I signed up and was receiving offers from Kyle but had not pulled the trigger. I have often perused at WHWC but I don’t think I’ve ever ordered from them so they would not have my email address.

Hi Ray,

Yes. There was a mix up on my order so we worked out a sub for more Charmes. (Yeah) by the time it got worked out it was too late to ship.

I’ve already worked out the 10 delivery option. Crush works great for me by the way. Hope all is well. Now get off the Internet and tend those grapes damn it ! :slight_smile:

That would explain why I’ve recently been getting e-mail offers from Crush.

anyone gotten any update from Holly? They are clearly disorganized.

thanks

-paul

I emailed Holly directly last Friday and asked her to explain to me how she got my email address and why I was being emailed. She has not responded.

I placed a futures order with Kyle about 45 days ago and emailed Holly last week to check status. She replied last Friday by stating “she was personally committed to fulfilling the order to the best of her ability” but strangely also asked for “all information relating to your order including pricing and payment status”.

I’m trying to stay optimistic by thinking Kyle might not have left her much of a trail and she’s digging her way out. I hope that’s the extent of it anyway.

John i got a similar response, i sent her a list of some of the wines i bought but havent heard a peep.
Weak.

I just realized I had ordered 6 of those Felletigs from the Kyle offer in July, and was charged for it. Emailed Holly recently and am awaiting a response. If none is forthcoming or the response is non-committal, I’m calling my credit-card company.

I spoke with Holly last week on the phone. (I don’t know her but her p.a. had sent me the number to pay for the '10 Felettig they said they were going still to ship me.) She sounded very stressed and said she had $1,000,000 worth of wine in port that she was attempting to unload and store. She would deal with the distribution after that.

She sounded sincere, but definitely in a little over her head? I pass it along for whatever it may be worth.

Josh

I think I have an order in for two of the Felletig. Will contact Holly next week. That is the only order I placed with AOC.

had a pending order… email sent to request shipping. we’ll see

so, has Kyle surfaced?

Interesting. I have no problem waiting for a reasonable amount of time if they have a credible story and are responsive. We’ll see.

Any wines sitting in port are currently going nowhere.

Do not be foolishly optimistic, as too many have in the past around here. Call your credit card companies NOW, if that is an option. Kyle’s disappearance and failure to resurface and explain himself tells you all that you need to know. Maybe we should feel for Holly, but we do not even know enough to do that with confidence. There is plenty to tell us that something went terribly wrong and it may or may not involve fraud, theft or other malfeasance or nonfeasance, but it seems quite likely that it involves something disasterous for Kyle’s customers, whether criminal or not. Kyle left the family business unceremoniously, and now all of this. Do not be saps, people. Go dig up the threads on Silver Spirits, Carolina Wine Company, Rare Fine Wines, LLC and a bunch more involving bankruptcy or criminal activity. If Holly pulls through, you can always honor your original commitment later. Unfortunately, if she cannot offer a credible, convincing story (the whole truth and nothing but the truth is always good, even if ugly) that inspires confidence, she does not deserve any more rope from those who stand to lose their money, if they have not already lost it…

+1. I don’t get the trust. You can always pay her if she actually get the wine. Undoubtedly, she will still want to sell, but I would not take the risk of funding an operation that is clearly in chaos.

Bill can be over the top often but this sounds like rational and sober advice to me.

Bill can be PERCEIVED as over the top, but that is only in the subjective judgment of others. His stuff almost always seems great to me!

Bill lost $10K once upon a time, to one who did the crime and served the time. He got whole, but never put his gun back in his holster again…and never lost another nickel…