Any recommended wine stores near I95 between DC and NY?

I’m driving from NY to DC on Friday with some time to kill. Any recommended wine stores close to 95 worth checking out? I’m already hitting Astor and Chambers Street while in the city. Many thanks in advance!

Have not been in years but always appreciated State Line Liquors in Elkton, MD. Deep selection across the board. Very close to I-95.

https://www.statelineliquors.com/

State Line isn’t what it used to be but you can still find some things.
Robert Panzers place is right off of 95 in Wilmington. It is called Liquid Culture. He has odd hours so call in advance

2 Likes

What about Swigg?

Of you take I295 through NJ (and miss the Philly traffic), Wine Works and Canals in Marlton might be of interest. Have not been in years, but only a couple miles from the interstate

Panzers place in Delaware. Well worth the detour. Forget fancy racks and money spent on the interior, but the wines, especially burg and champagne selection are awesome as are the prices…no sales taxes!

rob@downtoearthwines.net

Tough time for that drive - good luck around Baltimore!
I used to love State Line but it has been years.

1 Like

It doesn’t appear Liquid Culture has a public online sign up for his wine sales anymore . I remember signing up years ago and getting tossed after I didn’t immediately place an order as well as a not so polite email when I asked why.

EDIT: I see it’s downtoearthwines.net

Moore Brothers in Wilmington has interesting wines.

There will be little extra time there for awhile.

Thanks all for the input! I ended up stopping by State Line Liquors in Elkton, MD. Easy to access from 95. Great whiskey selection, though was disappointed they were out of the Kilchoman Loch Gorm I was looking for (despite having the entire rest of the Kilchoman lineup!) They were having a 20% off all French wine sale so picked up a few that looked interesting. But for the most part found their wine selection falling just shy of the mark. I spotted a few interesting bottles (most of the Ridge lineup, an assortment of Vajra), but they were all market priced so nothing really jumped out at me. All in all a fine store, with a broad Scotch and Bourbon selection and maybe a few nice wines, but mostly not that interesting.

2 Likes