After 18 months of Red Tape...

Yes, but, once we are open, you’ll get a free taste if you come after 5PM…

They just painted the walls and it’s making me hungry: it looks like a giant sheet of Cappuccino Ice Cream!

Roberto - I am coming out 8/21 through 8/25. Are you ready for my cru and me? Do you have a turntable???

No, we won’t be open till the end of August or the first week of Sept. If you are gonna come by, come by on the 25th, I will be away the other days. Hope to see you. Got Orange Wine made from Malvasia in the Oltrepò?

Ok I will try to make the 25th work for the store and come back when you have the wine bar open (can’t wait).

Great!

Just passed final building inspection, Health Department later this week, this thing may actually open soon!

a CA government agency move on-schedule?!? Good luck with that. pileon

Looking forward to checkin’ this out. Hopefully before January. [tease.gif]

We just put up the shelving in the front to hold scores of gourmet food items and we filled the room with mineral waters, Mexican sodas, mixers and juices yesterday. A local chef brought us some smoked olives that are like CRACK: I ate the whole jar in 10 minutes. We’ll put those on the bar for sure.

Health inspectors were here thursday, just a few minor changes and we’re good to go. Staff training in a week…

uhhh…can you provide some drinker training next week too??? [wow.gif]

Sup widdat Mexican soda? Only if it’s Diet!!! [swearing.gif]

Jarritos all natural sodas (Tamarindo, Pineapple, Mango, Lime) and Mexican Coke, all made with real cane sugar, no HFCS.

Per the newz this weekend, soon to be renamed by the industry: “Corn Sugar” to deflect those eeeevil besmirching comments about Fruuuuuuctose…yeah, as if…

Just passed final Health Department inspections, opening next week, here’s a look:

First Look at Wine Expo's Tasting Room, Opening Next Week in Santa Monica" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking good. Congrats!

Thanks!

Allrighty then! We will be opening this Sunday at 5PM. Hope to see some of you miscreants sometime soon…

Congratulations! Sounds like a great idea.

Weekend of Nov 5th. I am there pepsi

Wow! Had a full house at 5:10 pm! We nearly ran out of food and were deep in the weeds by 6:30 when my hero Ralph (our old employee who now works for James Suckling) came in to say Hi, saw we needed help and pitched in like a trooper for an hour. It IS all about the relationships!

We did well over 45 covers, there were at least two Berserker sightings and a good time was had by all.

Now I need to sleep for a week!

Congratulations Roberto - you are going to open up a whole new world for your wines -

Are you in Town for the whole month of November?

I have to meet some German brewery reps in LA sometime next month and I would love to come out and see the place - let me know your schedule -