2nd Annual Di Fara's Pizza in Brooklyn - March 4, 2014 Tuesday

Right now I am planning a 2005 Maybach Materium and some sort of Cali Pinot.
If I change my mind, I will let you know. The boss will be with me so I am sure I will behave closer to a errant 13 year old than a seasoned imbiber. BTW, she does not drink anything other than warm Diet Pepsi. [wow.gif]

:slight_smile:

Cali Cab or warm Diet Pepsi…hmmmm…tough choice! neener

Maybe for you and my wife, but not me. I have tasted some of that stuff you drink. Pepsi makes sense… [cheers.gif]

All the soda you can drink is included in our price. Drink up. neener

I look forward to tasting an older Maybach.

2007 Marchesi di Barolo Barolo + 2010 Seghesio Omaggio

So who’s bringing the ‘Hedges’?

I just got in last night and brought with me a bottle of 2004 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc to throw into the mix. Ironically, two nights ago in Santa Barbara, I sent back a bottle of the '00 Corino Vigna Giachini that was completely oxidized (the fault of the restaurant, not the winemaker). I was bummed as I was really looking forward to seeing how those wines were aging, not having had one in several years. So my weather AND wine luck is holding out!

Those people never did send that bottle. [wink.gif]

The first post has been updated to reflect the wines we’re bringing. Mr. Pobega, I had to make a switch. [wink.gif]
Looks like California vs Italy.

You might consider opening that Myriad 4 hours early. Just saying…

Pobega, posts TNs - I see there is a good selection of Italian vino scheduled to arrive, and I will be interested in your impressions.

I actually thought about attending this, but it’s mid-week and also on my birthday, so I didn’t think it would make me “Mr. Popularity” on the home front [cheers.gif] . I do need to get to DiFara’s at some point, though, if only to compare pies with Lorenzo’s.

Michelle will be bringing a 2012 Liquid Farm Golden Slope Chard and a 1998 Soldera Brunello and her dad!!

Cool. And I am looking forward to trying the 04 Scavino. Funny, I was thinking about bringing the 98 Scavino Carobric but went with Corino. [cheers.gif]

I didn’t catch the vintage on that. neener

Dan: the dad (or old Grandad) is NV [snort.gif]

Oh crap. This is tomorrow night!

That’s why I asked for upfront $$ this time. You must have a life if you haven’t checked in here multiple times. [whistle.gif]

Gary and I are bringing a 08 Martinelli Vellutini and and 07 Rhys Horeshoe Syrah.
Looking forward to it

this just in:
295486_10152768779005375_1144299865_n.jpg

I am bringing a 1998 Paolo Scavino Barolo Carobric as well.

Looking forward to tonight.