2015 West Coast Weather & Vintage Thread

Rain would be great. But if it gets/stays much warmer, it better stay temperate for quite some time. Need colder weather so precip falls as snow in the Sierras (at least for parts of the California), need colder weather so things stay dormant or the frost season (and the associated water use) isn’t too crazy.

-Al

Looks like another early budbreak in CA- http://www.winesandvines.com/template.cfm?section=news&content=145614

I saw a few ‘cracked’ buds today while pruning 4 year old Chard vines. Certainly made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Happy to see Miss PeeWee as your avatar, Casey! She’s lovely.

Fuzzy bud on some high altitude unpruned Zin. Should have taken a photo but didn’t want to admit it was real. It was just one…

I hope everyone has their insurance in order. Lord help us.

[shock.gif]

If you guys have any extra rain, please send it south to Paso. Our forecast is well under 1" at the moment.

Bud break!?

Good luck with the “Pineapple Express” [cheers.gif] [wow.gif] champagne.gif

It’s going to be ok. It always is. I just shared my 2011 with some folks, alongside 2009 and 2012, and the 2011 was the big favorite today. Admittedly, it was my higher end wine (Special Selection), but everything in perspective. This is farming, and wine, kids. If you want job security, become a nurse or a CPA [wow.gif] .

Starting to get some serious wind here at my house. Still no rain yet. I might have jinxed the storm by cooking elk stew today! Chili verde Saturday!

Light rain last night that did not add up to anything. Then we got 2 inches between 10am and 1pm. A few hours off and now it is coming down. Forecast is for over 4 inches in the next 24 hrs. Flooding in some lowlands possible. [wow.gif]

I am very glad to see it darker and cooler. Spring can wait.

Finally have some rain here in the foothills. Looks like its going to be steady for a while. Lots of flowering trees around here.

Its 1:30 pm and we’re over 3.5" for the storm.

Lots of rain - good lord, tons of it.

Okay, but how much? Don’t you have a coffee can and a ruler?

image.jpg

Just emptied my rain gauge. It was overflowing. Highest mark is 6".

I was thinking of you, Brian, wondering if you had your van/trailer out there on the roads. I managed to make my way over to Solbar for lunch (they have done a great job with their renovation). I have a couple of branches down, and this is the first time I have seen the birds seek refuge on my porch. There were 20-30 finches hanging out out there - the cats were going crazy!

The rain seems to have quieted for now, and the soil has absorbed the deluge. Let’s see what the weekend brings.

9 inches so far in about 36 hours.

Drowning, pelting rain. Unreal.

Who makes coffee from a substance contained by anything that resembles a coffee can?