2015 Friday Night BYOB Pre-Falltac Dinner--2/20 @ 6PM, Luciana's in Dana Pt (RSVP names in Post #1)

I will be there.

Once again, if you are attending the dinner, please post your RSVP. I do not need you to re-confirm, only simply to post once if you want to be included. This is essential in pursuit of making sure the space meets the dinner RSVP demand.

Thanks a million.

My cousin will be joining dinner as well!

Good AM. As you will see now in Post #1, I have taken the step to list off everyone who has posted their RSVP here. Again, if you have not posted here, I will not have counted you nor will be expecting your attendance. So, if you plan to come, or if you have decided you cannot make it, I need to see a post so I can be a good host and have the right #s for the restaurant.

At this moment, I count 60 total. We can still take on more people so the thread here remains open. I also received last night the menu for one of the locations and I suggested back some edits. My goal is to have the location buttoned down and the dinner details to you in the next 10 days. We’re on track, I just want to make the best decision based on the existing feedback about last year.

Frank - unfortunately, Rob Bastuba is out for the dinner.

Put me down for two.

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] I think Robo means me!! Yes…I have never missed one…will be there!!! Looking forward to it!!

Frank

Please add Jay Carroll and Diane Trembley to the list!!

Hi Frank! will you be doing the golf thing that day? If so, I’m in for both, as I’ll be heading through OC that day.

So what’s the latest with this? Where are we, FMIII?!?!?!

My hope is to have an announcement tonight or tomorrow. I’d rather have a grasp on tjhe key details and that confidence versus letting info fly and then have to go back and change things up.

Wise move, Frank. We all will wait with bated breath though!

Update. I appreciate all of your collective patience as we are now over the goal line. [swoon.gif]

I have updated Post #1 with the location details, with our event being held at Luciana’s in Dana Point >>> http://www.lucianas.com/. For those of you staying at the Best Western on Coast Highway, you will be pleasantly surprised in that Luciana’s and the BW DP are walking distance. Forgive this long link, but click here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Luciana’s+Ristorante,+Del+Prado+Avenue,+Dana+Point,+CA&daddr=34280+Pacific+Coast+Highway,+Dana+Point,+CA&hl=en&sll=33.466032,-117.697392&sspn=0.010293,0.021136&geocode=Fbqj_gEdpvX7-CEDpqPv7eqczSnlg1_jWfDcgDEDpqPv7eqczQ%3BFdGl_gEd3DP8-CnJLJAkq_HcgDFDGl2gK9b7-g&oq=34280&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=16

For those who have been there before for some of our winemaker dinners, we will use the PCH side of the restaurant. I like the food here and have worked to create with them a family style menu that will do pretty well with our wines, as well as our budget. I did increase the price this year to $50, and again I will ask you bring only cash, no credit cards. For what we all get for $50 and what may be 75-100 bottles of wine, I don’t think the price tag is out of line.

I have chosen to cap attendance at 68, which meets the goal of landing below the # they tell me is comfortable for spacing and moving about. It’s a fact that this Friday dinner has become popular and my intentions are to be inclusive, and so I looked for a venue with for more space, versus capping people out. And, one that is warm, comfortable and is close enough to the hotel(s) and my house. I trust you will like the choice.

With 68 now RSVP’d, we are now capped. I do expect some folks at the last minute to have issues on 2/20 so we will likely lose some attendance. So, even with a wait list getting created, it should be expected that wait listers would likely make it in.

That’s it. Final details to follow in a few weeks. blahblah

Please put me on the wait list.

This venue really tempts me! Damn. But I can’t be drinking every day.

[scratch.gif]

Since when? You are the only person I know who drinks EVERY DAY

+1 neener

Walking distance sounds good. Leslie with BW called me yesterday to ask if we would be interested in an upgraded room. Don’t know exactly what that means except she said there would be a large whirlpool tub. We shall see.

Your reputation precedes you.

It was an interesting call. I figure we could keep bubbly and craft beer cold in the tub if nothing else.