2013 Bedrock Weill Syrah Exposition Series Never to be Repeated

No, I have not. I suppose my strategy came from drinking so of Arcadians early 2000s Syrah and loving the difference (age).

I also found early that all my bedrock seemed to be much better after a year and many after 3 or more. I even enjoy the SB better the next year for whatever reason. So I automatically put bedrock on the put it away for at least 3 years list, (all my reds from them anyway)

I have a complete vertical as well, and more Bedrock that I can never decide when it’s ready to drink so I don’t touch it for fear of infanticide. Almost 100 bottles, but the lion’s share from 2013-present. Anyone wanna help convince me to start popping?

Good Bedrock’s that I’ve had young (5 years or less from release): gosh, almost too many to mention, certainly almost every Dolinsek, most Old Vines, Roses’, the botrytized semillion, the '11 Weill Expositions, the Pagani’s, most of the Monte Rosso, North Coast Syrah, Kamen Cab, Evangelho, Weill Mixed Blacks and I could go on. Ones that usually benefit from time: Hudson, Bedrock Heirloom/Heritage, Oakville Farmhouse, Papa’s, Ode to Lucien, Lorenzo’s, Griffin’s Lair are ones that come to mind.

Bedrocks are not Bedrock’s. They are Bedrocks.
Paganis are not Pagani’s. They are Paganis.
But Papa"s and Lorenzo’s are indeed Papa’s and Lorenzo’s.
Let’s not abuse the poor, lonely, misunderstood apostrophe.

Phil Jones

Militant grammar is the lowest form of fascism. While you’re certainly correct in your corrections, your PSA just disrupts the thread. Bedrock’s is still bedrock’s when it’s possessive, and sometimes the line is blurred but at no point in the above message was there confusion about what was meant.

IMG_7163.PNG

Somebody’s (not somebodies) got to protect the language against degredation. Or bad auto-correct. Or both.
Phil Jones

Yawn

And yet your post left me with the feeling you’re a nobody.

I love me a great Bedrock’s wine with a steaks well grilleds on me webers grill.

Even better with sryahs stored in both me lockers

I feel’s the the same way! bedrocks Syrah’s are the most good with Steak’s.

Y’ar correct matey

Do you mean “your”?

Keep up the good fight Phil! You have a silent minority behind you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently a minority made up of fascists and nazis.
Phil Jones

Its a wine forum, not a whine forum

Holy cow! Did anyone just see those bedrock prices on winebid?

No, enlighten me.

Did you see my first post?

Prices for '13 Bedrock Weill Exposition ranged from around $300 for #1 to $450 for #3.

That’s nuts!

What was release price on these guys?

$55 each for the 12s. I passed on 13s. The current secondary pricing proves RP still has influence. To me, they lacked any semblance of site signature. Powerful but boring Syrahs. Disclaimer- MTP gave full disclosure on the style in the release letter. YMMV.