2003 red burgundy - which one are you keeping for 50years?

Maybe…I certainly didn’t raise it again this time. No new “evidence”.

What abouit '04, Alan? I’ve sold almost all of mine. I’m waiting to hear from those who’ve bought them. Know anyone?

absolutely! Just teasing since you have such strong feelings about the vintage. Got to expect a little rubbing, no? I haven’t tasted them yet. Waiting another decade but still hopeful.

I expect it, and welcome it…i’m just trying to deflect it a little on those with more current information.

More information? What are you, crazy?? This is the internet, man! The land where you can say anything you want about anything at all with nothing at all to back it up!!!

"This is a vast and difficult topic of which I know practically nothing. Naturally this does not prevent me from volunteering to enlighten you on the subject" - Torkel Franzen.

I won’t have any in 30, 40 or 50 years… I bought light anyway and after trying Premier Crus from some of my normal go-to’s (Rousseau, Forrier) sold all I had left. Just not my style

Someone above mentioned Clos de Tart. I had that a few weeks ago - and wouldn’t bet it would last 10 more years. Very sweet and light and generally not to my taste. However, happy to be proven wrong

I did not like them on release.
I did not fill up my valise.
I do though hope that some are fine,
among those sleeping bottles are mine.

Nowell…did you write that as your picture was being taken? [cheers.gif]

No, Stuart. My writing room is separate from my reading room. [cheers.gif]

Is that your trombone in your “reading room.”? Or do you have yet another, “music” room?

I have not had more than a handful of '03s since release and have been really curious what’s doing with them. Opened two recently to find out and sadly most of the wine went down the sink.

Truchot Clos de la Roche.

the only one i’d cellar would be Lambrays. i’ve really enjoyed their 2003s.

Wow, Keith…not even for cooking or vinegar?

What did you write about them, if you did? What was that bad about them?

The only wine I send “down the sink” is 2004: don’t want it to ruin my good cooking.
But…the rest…I don’t like…gets used for something other than cleaning the kitchen drainpipe.

Tasted about 3 dozen 2003s a couple of years back and re-bought around four.
So my rate was only 10% worth keeping.

I suspect the actual rate is higher than mine as I didn’t taste the primo wines.

But most of them were highly confected like cough syrup or just low in acid.

Still prefer them to 2004… [barf1.gif]

TTT