One night in Charleston SC

for dinner. Anything stand out? TIA

I’m a Sean Brock fan. That means McCrady’s or Husk.

http://www.huskrestaurant.com/

They look very good, Robert. Thanks!

Jeffrey Steingarten on Sean Brock: http://www.vogue.com/magazine/article/fresh-prince-charleston-chef-sean-brock/

I second the McGrady’s rec.

Charleston Grill. Chef’s tasting menu is sick

As good as hotel (Charleston Place Hotel) dining gets. Not meant as a slight, but as a compliment.

If only one night then I would do Husk. Tough to only do one night. Some great dining there. Book early. Husk is popular.

Thanks for the help folks

The latest Bon Appetit arrived yesterday. A feature article is “The 20 Most Important Restaurants in America.” Setting aside the pretense and limitations inherent in any such proclamation, it’s a very interesting list - populated by the likes of Momofuku, Alinea, Manresa, and EMP.

Number 3 on the list? Husk.

Pok Pok is on the list. Already 2 hour waits to get in. Don’t need any more publicity.

And don’t forget the Hominy Grill for breakfast

Husk is much better than McCradys in my opinion. The Grocery is pretty good too. Hominy is a great place for Sunday brunch.

husk for sure, also really enjoyed FIG (food is good)

Had a wonderful meal at Slightly North of Broad back in November.

HUSK. I make the bacon cornbread recipe all the time. It is now a staple on New Years Day. Having said that. You could stand on the corner of Queen and Bay St and throw a rock…

Recipe: Chef Sean Brock - Recipes - Find. Eat. Drink.

So many great places to eat. Husk and McCrady’s would be 1a and 1b for me, with Husk probably the choice unless you wanted to do a tasting menu. But FIG, Two Borough’s Larder, Peninsula Grill, etc etc are all awesome.

We are going to be flying into Charleston, but we get in late and will be driving up to Myrtle Beach the next morning. Any advice for Myrtle Beach? Or breakfast near the airport in Charleston?

My advice for Myrtle Beach is to keep going. Don’t stop, don’t collect two hundred dollars. Just haul a$$ through the cest pool as fast as possible.

If you have to eat there, it will be some sort of calabash shrimp place where your arteries will clog just reading the menu.