One night in Charleston SC

Heh, I’m stuck there. Not going for the beach.

We will pray for your finding something good to eat and drink.

Umberto’s in North Myrtle Beach is the only thing decent I know of in the area.

I appreciate your positive thoughts, Paul. We arrived today and my initial take is that your initial advise was excellent. I did, however, manage to find a local brewery so I will survive.

Brian,
Did the rest of your trip go we’ll?

We are still in Myrtle Beach. Meandering down to Charleston tomorrow. We did find good food in Myrtle Beach. I’ll post a more complete report after we get home. We had a day off so we drove down to Charleston which proved to be as wonderful as Myrtle Beach is horrible. We had a great meal at FIG.

We had a very nice meal last night at McCrady’s (Husk couldn’t take our party). The service was very good, the dining room is comfy, and the food was well-executed. I can’t say that I will long remember any particular dish (I had the pork belly, trout, duck, and cheese course), but everything was “proper.” Had a couple of white burgs (Drouhin and Boillot) and Lopez de Heredia Bosconia; the wines were very nice too. 5 people, just over $700, which isn’t too bad for the event.

Thanks for the recommendations all. I am sure this thread will be of use to many others.

Here are my favorite wine bars in Charleston