NYC January 24, 2012 Anthill Farms Winery / The New California... 2.0

The New California… 2.0
Date: 1/24/2012
Time: 7:30
Place: Trestle on Tenth
Phone: 212-645-5659
Cost: $75 (plus tax & tip, no corkage) for a 4 course meal.

After a wonderfully successful offline dinner put together by Robert Dentice featuring wines from Hirsch, Cobb, Ryme and others I am putting together another dinner with a similar theme, only this event will be hosted by Anthill Farms Winery with Webster Marquez in attendance and pouring his new releases.

In addition, there will be Chards from Cdonatiello (Web is wine maker there) and Knez (Anthony Filiberti of Anthill is also wine maker there) and – there good friend Dan Petroski would donate some Italian white varietals from his winery Massican. Below are the web-sites if you would like to familiarize yourself with the wineries, if you aren’t already.

http://www.cdonatiello.com/

Please bring a bottle that fits into this theme to taste with the Anthill Farms Wines. Examples of wineries I think would fit in well are Peay, Rhys, Failla, Ceritas, Copain, Lioco, Littorai, Halcon, Cowan, Windy Oaks… and of course Hirsch and Cobb from last tasting. These are just some suggestions, but please feel free to bring what you think represents the “new” California.

Since Anthill makes Pinot and Syrah, let’s focus on those two grapes. If you only have a White, then by all means bring that. There will be plenty of wine, so that won’t be a concern

If you don’t have any of the above feel free to bring something else.

Wed. Jan 11th Note - The menu will be worked on quite soon and I have given a deposit for the event. We must confirm exact attendance by Sunday, the 22nd as Ralf (chef of Trestle on Tenth) needs to know how much to cook for as this is a 4 course menu customized to our attendance and wines.
Once I know the wines Web will be bringing I will post that as well.

Attendees: In Red - Confirmed

Webster Marquez 1st Course White Wines 2009 C. Donatiello Peters Vineyard Sonoma Coast
2010 Massican Annia (Chard-Ribolla-Tocai)
2009 Knez Demuth Vineyard Anderson Valley Chard
2nd Course Pinot Noirs 2009’ Demuth and 2007’ Abbey-Harris
3rd Course Syrahs 2007’ Windsor Oaks and 2009’ Peters Vinevard
In addition there will be a surprise or three from Web - He shipped a lot of goodies
Alex Nicholas + 2 Anthill Pinot Demuth 06’; Anthill Cab 07’, Anthill Campbell Ranch Pinot 09’ & Peay La Bruma Syrah 05’
Michael Lewis 2008 Copain Syrah Brosseau Vineyard or 2009 Rhys Pinot Family Farm Vineyard
Robert Dentice Clos Saron
Josh Leader 2006 Anthill Farms Pinot Noir Tina Marie Vineyard and the 2006 Radio-Coteau Pinot Noir Alberigi
Craig Roberts + 1 Copain Monument Tree + TBD
Bill Hansford + 2 2009 Bedrock Cuvee Caritas; 2010 Bedrock ode to Lulu Rose; 2009 Peay Vineyards Pinot Noir Estate Sonoma Coast & 2005 Edmunds St. John Syrah Bassetti Vineyard

Brent Clayton Kutsch Pinot
Charles Sasson + 1 Anthill Farms Pinot Tina Marie 2005 & Arnot Roberts Trusseau 2010
Eric Michels Halcon Alturas Syrah 09’
Ethan Abraham + 2 2007 Hirsch San Andreas Pinot, Knez Pinots,
Ross Masse + 1 Littorai Cerise Pinot & Wind Gap SV Syrah
Robin Stark, Maru Davila & Lynn Lathrop Rhys, Cabot…

Current total 24
Room for up to 24

I am interested in attending. I’d probably bring Rhys or Copain.

I am in. Thanks for organizing.

I should be good for this one.

Great. looking forward to drinking some good wine with you again.

You bet. You set up a great format and am looking forward to getting together and having Web pour his wines.

great. Looking forward to it.

I’m interested in joining this dinner. Sounds like it will be great. I’m on the Anthill list and could bring a bottle or two of an earlier vintage or could bring something from another CA producer.

Really enjoyed the last dinner organized by Robert and have plenty of bottles that fit this theme. Please please put me down +1.

Great. I’m not sure what bring either as I have older Anthill as well, but could fun to have a lot of it. [cheers.gif] We can decide closer to date.

Sounds good. [cheers.gif]

I also had a great time at the last tasting at Trestle on Tenth…

Please sign me up for the Anthill tasting.

Thanks!

If possible, please make that Bill Hansford +1. Thanks!

sure, no problem. They can accomodate up to 24 people and we just hit the half way mark of 12.

Alex,

I’d love to jump in as well as I quite enjoyed the last one.

I’d love a space for this one - really interested in the theme. I was disappointed to miss the one Robert set up and glad I will be around for this.

Eric

Please add me as well.
Thanks
Ethan

7 spots left for Jan 24. This will be a good evening if interested in terroir driven cool climate pinot and syrah…

I have 2 non-WB friends who would like to join, so please change me to +2 if that’s OK.

I’d be interested in attending with a +1. We’d probably bring a Littorai Cerise and maybe one of the Wind Gap single vineyard syrahs.