Seattle, Friday Sept 25

I’ll be in town. Could maybe do Friday night instead.

My chances of being in town are 50/50 at this time, but if I am I always up for a tasting group.

P Hickner

I have a friend in town that weekend but should be available with a +1. Either Friday or Saturday should work. Not a perfect weekend for me to host this one in case anyone has an alternate location in mind.

I am 50:50 but pls let me know once date and time is nailed. We are moving to Bellevue the weekend before so I might have to do house organizing work as ordered by the boss.

Hi, I’m very new to WineBerserkers, but I’d love to join you guys if it is on Friday.
Can’t do the 9/26 personally.

I should be around for this, sounds like 25th may work better?

As we talked about at the last one, I can host. (unless you were offering Lee?)
Ballard - Sunset Hill neighborhood.

Theme, if any needed?
I have Joseph Swan Trenton pinot vertical 2001-2007 if people would like to try it - recent thread from some Seattle folks…
Also, we had talked about Peter’s favorite - aged beaujolais. ;=)

I’m interested and watching the thread, but my wife is having sinus surgery the 22nd. I won’t be able to make a call on this until the day of or maybe, the day before.

I can probably make the 25th but not the 26th. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers,

Hal

My wife made a commitment to be in town Saturday, so I can participate either Friday or Saturday.

P Hickner

Do we have a location and time yet? :slight_smile:

Okay well it looks like we should be on for Friday 9/25. Lee can you change the title of the thread?

I’ve volunteered our house so I think we can close on that unless folks want something else.
It’s in Ballard, and I will pm or email folks the address as we confirm.
It’s hard to fix a hard start time on a Friday evening, I’ll plan on being there from say 5pm on - I’m guessing folks will trickle in.

I’ll plan on providing the bulk of the food and will share particulars next week - it will be substantial.
But if others want to bring things or Lee wants to say forage some mushrooms or whatever, I don’t think any of us would want to resist/refuse.

With respect to theme we can have one or not - I’m open. We’ve done Nebbiolo, aged Cali cab, and middle aged Oregon Pinot in the past. Eric and I have talked cru Beaujolais a few times At these events, but I consider it open - speak up! Beaujolais could be a minor theme and folks could just bring good wine of their choosing. If folks want to bring a good recent Bojo, I can contrast that with a bottle or 3 of aged examples. I have mid 90s and later, and only a few bottles at that. If you want 1980s cru Beaujolais you’ll probably have to go to Berns. Likewise if you want to compare ‘new cali’ with the older guard I can probably do either side of that one. And I’m always a sucker for Rhone wines btw. I’m happy to open the cellar to compliment / contrast whatever folks want to bring, within the limits of what I have of course.

Maybe folks can start confirming about Friday the 25th at this point and we can build a participants list. Certainly not closed at this point either if others want to join.

I’ll confirm 9/25 with a +1 (my wife).
I’m very newhere in the wine hobby, so I don’t have anything aged, or even middle-aged to contribute.
But whatever the theme is, I’ll definitely bring a bottle or 2 of decent quality within that theme.
…Or I can contribute in food.

Is that ok with you folks?

Sincerely,

Carter

I can make the 25th, probably 6:30 PM and on. I’m up for any theme. All of my Morgons are on the young side (2009-2013) but I’m glad to bring a couple of bottles. I’ll also bring some food to compliment what Jim is planning. Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Hal

Can make 25th. Just myself. Wife is not coming :frowning:

No bojo ownership but will bring something decent?

6:30-7 sounds about right!

That all sounds great. Thanks for taking the reins on this. I’m in for myself and +1. My friend lands at 4:30 though so we should be able to make it to Ballard by 6:30-7:00.

I can bring a recent Beaujolais an maybe something else to mix it up. Can also bring some food along as that part firms up.

Looking forward to it.

What if Lee hates Beaujolais?

I actually know that Lee doesn’t hate Beaujolais - he’s never complained and contributed his own bottles in the past. [cheers.gif] But I agree it would be good if he chimed back in on the thread…

If we’re doing Bojo, I have a bottle of 2013 Yvon Metras Fleurie to share.

I can most likely get out of the house that weekend. although Gamay is not in my cellar as I write.

I do enjoy Cru Beaujolais every now and then, and even have some in my cellar. I’ll bring one, and also something else off-theme.
My wife might want to join us, TBD later.

P Hickner