FS: Pappy 23 - Sold. All done

1 bottle. I got it this year. Trading too hard.

Cash only, no trade.

Send me a PM if you’re interested. Don’t ask for pics, I’m lazy.
It’s a perfect bottle with a clean label if that matters.

First $2,000 (reduced to $1,700) + shipping cost takes it, or high PM during this week.

So a couple of people have PM’d me to ask me what the high bidder so far is. I’m not going to reveal that. The rules of this ‘auction’ are:

1. PM me any bid you want between now and Saturday.

2. The high PM bidder on Saturday at 6pm NY time will ‘win’ the bottle

3. if anyone wants to pre-empt the auction and just get the bottle, guaranteed, just pay me $2,000

This is known as the ‘LA Clippers’ auction process. Fast and invisible.

Ok. I have multiple good bids. Going to lower the “buy it now” price to $1,700. First $1,700 PM takes it. Or high PM bidder as of Sat at 6pm.

Only 59 hours to go and someone will ‘win’ the Pappy 23. Don’t miss your chance to drink some Unicorn Bourbon. This is the Bourbon of rock stars and CEOs and Tech Titans. Party like a Boss and don’t be sad!

So who was the lucky recipient? Enquiring minds want to know.

A secret winner…

??? Why make such a spectacle of the process on this forum for the past week and then keep the winner under wraps. For your own legitimacy, posting a winner is not only considered good form, but should be a must.

Simply put, I would never take part in an auction format, where the winning bid was not established and a winner named. Otherwise, you maintain a shroud of secrecy (and potentially, deceit), whereby you use an auction format, and then if you do not receive a bid of your liking, you can hold the bottle back claiming buyer secrecy, in spite of never establishing a minimum. That is a concern for all who sent private bids.

I sent a bid of $1150
Happy to hear what other bids were sent.

My guess is it was over $1150, Peter set the terms of this transaction clearly and revealing the winner was not one of the conditions. If you don’t like it, go pound sand.

Peter is an excellent buyer/seller. And I hear he’s fun to drink with if you’re lucky enough to have the opportunity.

there needs to actually BE a winner for a winner to be announced. whether that is the case has yet to be seen. whether he is a fun person to drink with is irrelevant and has no bearing on commerce corner. furthermore, telling me to pound sand is a personal attack and is also barred.

Actually it’s a three word euphemism for ‘you’re shit out of luck,’ with respect to the fact that it references the terms set by the seller. And in no way is it a personal attack, as it refers to anyone in the group ‘disgruntled losing bidders.’

if there was only one bidder… then i am not a disgruntled losing bidder. in every auction, there is either a neutral 3rd party that handles the bidding, or a winner is proclaimed. anything less should be expressly forbidden by commerce corner. the terms of the seller did not expressly say he was going to hide the identity of the buyer, so my interpretation is just as valid as his.

You’re right. We need a better set of rules to handle our illegal sales on CC!

considering Peter’s comments about maintaining the legitimacy of the Four Roses auction: “Completely agree. Once bid, should be no way to take it back. Otherwise the auction house can get a shill to drive the prices up and then cancel the top shill bid. Problem…”, isn’t it more than just a little hypocritical for him to hold out on posting the winner?

No dog in this fight. I kinda like the auction format as its kinda fun. But I do think bids should be posted here publicly and not by PM…

More fun to see the bids anyways.

Ariamali.
PM bids means PM response, at least to me. Rules for this auction were clearly stated.
Sorry you don’t like it, but if I made a list of all the things I don’t like and can do nothing about, that paper would stretch from my house to Mars.

Mark,
I agree with you but wanted to try something different to see how it would work. I think the public way works better and is more fun, btw.

Brent,
Thanks!!!

Craig,
Funny!

i still call BS. i maintain you did not receive a bid of your liking and are ducking on selling the bottle, which absolutely was not stated. you are trying to hide behind “rules for this auction were clearly stated” when PM responses was absolutely NOT clearly stated, especially when you were coming on here repeatedly in the last week, trying to drum up interest. silent bidding most definitely has never meant silent winning in any auction i have ever partaken in.

1. There’s currently no rule against what Peter did in CC. As such he did nothing wrong.

2. If people don’t like it, don’t bid. If someone gets no bids, guess what, they might change format of sale next time. (Or you can lobby for mods to set some rules for cc auctions)

3. Dude, I don’t know Peter personally but I believe he’s been here a while. Regardless, if u are gonna accuse someone of lying, I would think you have some sort of proof beyond a “gut feel”?

it is BS considering secret winner was never expressly written, nor even implied. and considering his vigilance in upholding the legitimacy of the four roses auction, he is- at a minimum- a hypocrite. high post count isn’t carte blanche for shady commerce corner dealings.