Seattle Dining

I have a one night stopover in Seattle the middle of July. Staying at the Marriott Waterfront. Give me my best food/wine/ dining option within walking or short cabbing distance. Never been to Seattle before.
Thanks
Ken

I like Matt’s on the Market

Another week and another person asking about Seattle dining. Here, this is less than a month old.

And here’s one from the end of April.

Oh and here’s one.

How about this?

There’s more but all you have to do is a search.

Get off my lawn!

pepsi

Who pee’d in your cornflakes today?? Or is this channeling Woodie…

Hi Ken,
At this point you’ve probably gathered that Steve can be a bit caustic. At least he owns it and he’s fun to drink with! champagne.gif

You should definitely make reservations at Chateau Saxon. If that doesn’t work out, try Cafe Juanita.

Cafe Juanita is pretty far from the Marriott Waterfront, certainly not a short cab ride. There are quite a few options right around you, particularly in the Pike’s Place Market and Post Alley. Might be worth just walking around and seeing what you feel like. Zig Zag Cafe is just below Pike’s Place and is a bit of an institution in Seattle for cocktails. I don’t necessarily recommend the food, but the cocktails are fantastic. A bit farther away, some of my favorites include Spur and Mistral Kitchen. Both are a bit pricey. Local 360 in Belltown has an excellent happy hour, including $1 oysters. Right around the corner from there you also have Bathtub Gin, which is a pretty interesting speak-easy style bar. And there are about a billion other choices, especially if you feel comfortable venturing onto a bus to some of the more northern destinations (Capitol Hill would be particularly easy to get to)! Have fun!

Altura was pretty darn good recently. Closer to your hotel I would recommend Lecosho, Matt’s in the Market, Le Pichet, Spur Gastropub.

This is a pretty good assortment around your hotel so you may want to look into these. If you want to get more wine geeky and drop a few more $ you are definitely within walking distance of RN74.

Spur has an excellent bar program as well.

These days I like the Capitol hill restaurants best–esp Spinasse and Altura. there are several others up there–Zoe, La Spiga, etc. If you are going to do Spinasse or Altura, reserve ahead (although if you are alone, I know spinasse keeps a chunk of the bar counter open for diners.) all this a short cab ride away.

For a truly memorable meal, you MUST get over to Radiator Whiskey on Pike Street (right across the way from Matt’s which is recommended earlier in this thread). Check out the review- fun read!

(Not sure what you would pair with pig head, however)

Mark

Don’t listen to all these amateurs [wow.gif] go to Walrus and Carpenter for apps and oysters, then Staple and Fancy for prix fix menu. Über out and home to Marriott.

One stop shop, go to Spinasse.

Kris, have you hit Stoneburner for lunch yet?

A couple other restaurants to consider if you’re taking a cab to Capitol Hill – Olivar or Harvest Vine (yeah, I know, it’s Madison Valley and not Capitol Hill, but still…). These two keep quietly doing consistently great food over time, while all the “____ & ____ 's” get all the media attention.

(Plus, Harvest Vine has a great cellar full of older Lopez de Heredia vintages…)

Michael

I second Olivar - very reasonably priced as well!

Thanks to all. That gives me quite a bit to work with. Looking forward to it.
KM

I’ll second Harvest Vine. Have been very pleased with the food and the wine offerings and the price point.

-Todd

Haven’t had the time, been traveling for work, but it’s on the to do list. Let me know if you go and I’ll do the same, maybe it’ll coincide. Like to do a lunch.

Ditto!