Seattle Dining

I got there on Tuesday which somewhat accidentally was the 1st day they were open. Another beautiful space. Nice looking list. I need to get there with a bigger group so we can try more things, but I enjoyed what we had.

Had dinner at Stoneburner Wednesday. Nothing fancy, but very good. They were out of Burrata unfortunately. Was afraid the broccoli with leeks and farro would be pedestrian, but the broccoli was nicely roasted. Grilled Octopus was very nice - cool salad, warm octo. Very solid pasta dish with guanciale and chanterelles, and a wood oven pizza w/ very tasty marinara. The server was still learning the menu. But Stoneburner brought a couple of the dishes by himself and talked about the food a bit.

Thought the 2010 COS Frappato was fairly priced at $60 - they brought 2011 to the table, so a few glitches with the list, but it was still a very nice wine. The somm said they had just received some Occhipiniti, but not on the list yet and he did not know which wine - not the buyer obviously.

It was a beautiful evening, and the whole front of the restaurant opens up. We were seated up front, so it was essentially al fresco dining. I will say once the weather gets a little colder it’s going to be LOUD in there. Even louder than Bastille I think due to the lay out of the room. Very nice looking though. We’ll be back.

Was at Stoneburner for dinner on Tuesday night. Had the Burrata which was a nice dish. Farro was great, but the best veggie dish was the snap peas with Marcona almonds and Pecorino. Stupidly good for such a simple dish. Wife had Cavatelli in what was basically an heirloom tomato soup. Delicious. I had a hangar steak with pickled cauliflower which was outstanding. Drank some of the La Spinetta Rose, yum!

Anyone know if Altura allows corkage?

I would also like to know. Headed there DEC 14th.

Also curious if 750ml is same as 375ml, vs mags, etc?

Thanks!

Altura allows corkage, or at least did as of last October. We brought a 98 Barolo and they were very accommodating.

Altura does corkage. Guy, Somm, is great and takes good care of people.